Make a donation

Author Topic: Goosie's MK5 R32  (Read 8661 times)

Offline goosie

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
Re: Goosie's MK5 R32
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2014, 05:50:23 pm »
Thanks again peeps!

If you crave more storage space it might be worth looking at retro fitting the under seat storage drawers.

I did look into this but I have a set of Recaros from my Clio to fit in the summer so figured there isn't much point. Good mod though!

Offline goosie

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2014, 09:19:39 pm »
**********************************************************************************************************************************

Oops, haven't updated here for a while! A couple of things have been done since my last update....

First off, I fitted new D2S and H7 FTP bulbs. I went for the Osram Xenarc Night Breaker Unlimited bulbs. Night driving is much better now, the performance of these bulbs is awesome! Amazon are still doing them relatively cheap http://www.amazon.co.uk/XENARC-BREAKER-UNLIMITED-headlamp-66240XNB-HCB/dp/B00FQ8AVHS

My bulbs were mismatching as the previous owner must have replaced one at some point so I was very happy that I finally managed to sort this issue out...OCD! Here's a comparison pic...

Here is a before and after shot to give you an idea of the performance difference between OEM and the Osrams. Same place, same camera settings...as close as I could get to the same environment.

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Offline goosie

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2014, 09:24:32 pm »

Next up, I picked up a DAS6-Pro Machine Polisher a couple of months back and gave it a whirl on my car. I've never tried machining...it's hard graft but the results are worth it!

A couple of quick before and afters...

I finished up with a layer of Finish Kare 1000p Sealant. Check out the beadage!

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

I also tackled the exhaust tips. A year of dirt...I've never been bothered about clean exhaust tips but thought I'd try to correct my erroneous ways! After a bit of research, P21S Polishing Soap seemed to be the way to go but it has been discontinued. It turns out this JML Doktor Power stuff is the same thing...available for around £5 from Asda.

I washed then used the soap to clean off carbon and the less heavy stains. Worked a treat TBH! I then used some #00 steel wool + Autosol to attack some burnt egg stains (car got egged a while ago :wacko: ) which has unfortunately left some marring but I shall try to correct when I have some finer grade wool.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 09:31:17 pm by goosie »

Offline goosie

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2014, 09:33:50 pm »

And most recently...managed to clean the car today after a bit of neglecting due to work. Also discovered what looks like a door ding on my roof. How does that even happen?! Makes me sick. Anyway, a couple of quick shots...enjoy!

« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 03:57:15 pm by goosie »

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2014, 09:29:27 pm »
looks stunning :happy2: :happy2:

Offline m1k3ydu8

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • Steel Grey MK5 R32
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2014, 10:05:55 pm »
Looking good  :happy2:

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2014, 11:48:21 pm »
That's lovely, great car btw!  :congrats:

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline greygti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 12
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2014, 11:42:46 am »
Love the wheel colour, I've had a few exhausts made by AAS now mate top quality and good value, but the waiting times are getting silly 4 months from the date of booking for a cat back on my bros civic type R !

Offline edjbreeze

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2014, 07:36:55 pm »
Love the colour of your R. My gti is now getting changed for one as I can't get one out of my head

Offline goosie

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
Re: Re: Re: Goosie's MK5 R32
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2014, 08:14:22 pm »
thanks folks! :)
Love the wheel colour, I've had a few exhausts made by AAS now mate top quality and good value, but the waiting times are getting silly 4 months from the date of booking for a cat back on my bros civic type R !
I know, that's the only downside! I dont know of anyone else that can offer the sane quality around here though!

Offline goosie

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
Re: Re: Re: Goosie's MK5 R32
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2014, 08:14:58 pm »
Love the colour of your R. My gti is now getting changed for one as I can't get one out of my head
awesome! you won't regret it ;)

Offline DamoP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 115
  • 2007 Edition 30 number 1242
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,86073.0.html
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2014, 10:21:46 pm »
ill defo give my exhaust a go after seeing this, mine looks like its been powercoated black
MDI Armrest & Glovebox kits
MDI looms , iPod, USB & lightening Iphone 5 leads
Armrests, cloth and leather
Retro fit Armrest 6 CD changer/Ipod dock kits