Make a donation

Author Topic: Heads up  (Read 1935 times)

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 56
Re: Heads up
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2013, 11:49:22 am »
A mate sent me a txt about this so Sky Plus'd it, will check it out in the next few days.
Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2013, 11:53:52 am »
But as the interviewer said, had any of the people actually spoke to the drivers?

Well this is it. There was no suggestion that they had confronted the problem in any other way that having a meeting, drinking some tea, and ultimately asking the Police to take their cars off them. Bit confrontational really.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2013, 12:03:54 pm »

But as the interviewer said, had any of the people actually spoke to the drivers?

....There was a scene when they were leaving after a residents' meeting about their problem, when one of them (Justin?) asked the others if anyone had spoken to the drivers. The answer was no! :rolleye:

And I reckon the reason they didn't is that either they felt that these 'foreign invaders' of Knightsbridge were beneath them (even though some may have had far far higher status in their own society) or because they were frightened of them - They might get kidnapped and whisked away to a tent in the desert   :stupid:

It's all a bit like the locals in Cornwall (and in my neck of the woods too): The 'Grockles' (tourists) are very unpopular on one hand because they crowd the towns and clog up the roads with their caravans, but they spend money locally and therefore help local businesses and the local economy.

Someone in another thread suggested that all rich foreigners should have to pay 90% tax etc etc - If the UK passed such draconian regulations London would die as a major international centre with all its wonderful vibrance and become just a large sprawling provincial city.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 12:05:37 pm by RedRobin »

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2013, 12:09:13 pm »
22:00 hours tonight channel four.

Poverty and his mates (only joking Pov.)

Millionaire boy racers.  :driver:

Lol, hoping to do a vmax with those guys this summer. Google "the supercar kids" my mate mahmood knows some of those guys well.

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2013, 12:10:47 pm »
Would I chuff!

This behaviour is only comparable to us Brits raiding sh*tholes like Magaluf every July and August, getting pissed off our heads and vomiting everywhere.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

Offline Aaroncupra

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2013, 12:39:36 pm »

Enjoyed this and the umbrella bit lol,

Can see how the residents get fed up with the noise tho and the dangerious driving around the small streets,

If its as bad as what they say tho im surprised the police haven't done much about it,

Good thing for the economy,

Did you hear the police guy saying into the radio its a lamborghini then going around the back.... Av-en-ta-dor  :signLOL: