Make a donation

Author Topic: BIG thanks to golfman  (Read 956 times)

Offline Coe

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
BIG thanks to golfman
« on: February 06, 2013, 10:05:30 pm »
Hi all,

Just a wee message to say a massive BIG thanks to forum member - golfman i.e Scott

I have had my mk5 GTI for a few years now and have always wanted cruise control fitted. Bought a used cruise control stalk from dan1985. It was delivered in a day (thanks again mate).

Received it today and sent a message to golfman. He answered within a few minutes and invited me to his house in Dundee to have my car checked for compatibility. He checked it over and this was all that was planned for today, however, he went ahead and fitted and programmed the cruise control there and then. AMAZING!!! :jumping:

He was extremely careful stripping everything down and equally careful putting it all back together. He explained what he was doing at all times and checked everything at least two to three times to make sure everything was fitted properly and working correctly. Coded it and then it was out for a test drive. It all work PERFECTLY. He explained how to use the cruise control and how it worked.

On top of this he coded some extra features on my car such as the 'chirp' when you lock/unlock the car, one button press all doors unlock, the mirror adjustment fix and auto lock doors when you drive it. He also checked my car for any fault codes. He spent alot of time telling me about the other extra's that can be fitted like the RNS510 etc. I saw his RNS510 in action , now that's a piece of kit  :laugh: I'm very happy with the price paid to have this done too.

I really cannot recommend Scott's services highly enough. On top of that what an absolutely decent, nice guy to boot.

Many thanks mate  :happy2: