Make a donation

Author Topic: Forge Twintake and Revo Stage 2+  (Read 13211 times)

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
Re: Forge Twintake and Revo Stage 2+
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2012, 01:32:10 am »

Robin... What colour is the forge twintake? Is it red or black?? I'm concerned about its visibility!

Isn't it time you went to bed!?

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=432ej69inbbef71p6ccrkoi4jd&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2012, 01:53:03 am »
 :laugh:

Offline chopper

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2012, 09:03:09 am »
Thanks RR. I still believe the Twintake struggles a little even below 370bhp. Ive found an old large diameter K&N cone filter at home, so Im going to try and replace one canister with it at the weekend and see what happens. surely cold air intake from one canister and intake from the K&N cone should work.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2012, 09:24:26 am »

Thanks RR. I still believe the Twintake struggles a little even below 370bhp. Ive found an old large diameter K&N cone filter at home, so Im going to try and replace one canister with it at the weekend and see what happens. surely cold air intake from one canister and intake from the K&N cone should work.

....It'll be interesting to hear what you find  :happy2:

All of this goes towards proving that the more you push the performance envelope, the more that stresses are introduced, and that can also include on aftermarket products.

Obviously I am happy with and have no issues to date due to my Twintake on my ~270 bhp K03 Revo Stage 2 GTI. The power balance suits my practical needs fine.

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline chopper

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2012, 01:36:51 pm »
pulled off the silicone pipe from engine side one of the canisters today (from behine light) and found loads of dust in the bend. Clearly the unoiled filter isnt up to scratch in catching all the dust. maybe the MAF is screwed now. that might explain why the low values 180-210 g/s on recent logs. ....
trying to fit an oiled  K&N conical filter in place of one the canisters is proving tricky, just due to its size , and the other canister in the way. will have to have a rethink this one....

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2012, 09:56:37 pm »

pulled off the silicone pipe from engine side one of the canisters today (from behine light) and found loads of dust in the bend. Clearly the unoiled filter isnt up to scratch in catching all the dust. maybe the MAF is screwed now. that might explain why the low values 180-210 g/s on recent logs. ....
trying to fit an oiled  K&N conical filter in place of one the canisters is proving tricky, just due to its size , and the other canister in the way. will have to have a rethink this one....

....Just a thought (without reading the whole thread again): Did you buy your Twintake new or previously used?

If previously used, were the filters fitted the other way around from currently?

Offline chopper

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2012, 11:45:33 am »
got twintake brand new... fitted canisters right way round. never changed the orientation.

Offline Itsagthing

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2013, 07:39:28 am »
Interesting read guys looking at a intake for my ed30 and always loved the design style of the twintake but knowing its flow rate isn't that great maybe it's not the best choice.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2013, 10:02:49 am »

Interesting read guys looking at a intake for my ed30 and always loved the design style of the twintake but knowing its flow rate isn't that great maybe it's not the best choice.

....I'm not setting out to defend any claimed "great flow rate" of the Twintake but I am both surprised and curious about you saying that.

Various independent (users) rolling-road and logging data do suggest or indicate that the ITG delivers more bhp but your comment suggests that the Twintake's flow rate is actually poor.

Can you expand on this, please?   :popcornsoda:

Offline Itsagthing

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2013, 10:47:43 pm »

....I'm not setting out to defend any claimed "great flow rate" of the Twintake but I am both surprised and curious about you saying that.

Various independent (users) rolling-road and logging data do suggest or indicate that the ITG delivers more bhp but your comment suggests that the Twintake's flow rate is actually poor.

sorry yes poor if your trying to achieve over 370 plus bhp is what im referring too.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2013, 01:29:33 am »

sorry yes poor if your trying to achieve over 370 plus bhp is what im referring too.

....With an aim of as much as 370 plus you must be talking about a K04, not K03, car application.

IIRC, Forge themselves have said that Twintake gains are less pro rata on K04's with big power. Thanks for expanding  :happy2: