Make a donation

Author Topic: Pirelli Tyres - Advice & Help - went for the Goodyear's  (Read 2080 times)

Offline prp74

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 37
  • -Receive: 126
Pirelli Tyres - Advice & Help - went for the Goodyear's
« on: April 05, 2013, 10:26:40 pm »
Hi guys,

Need some advice. It's time to change all my tyres on the car (17 monza's). There have been some great reviews on the Goodyear tyres, but had a look at the kwik Fit web site and they are doing 25% off Pirelli tyres. Just wondering which to go for if I went for the Pirellis?

Pirelli p6000, P zero Nero, P zero Rosso?

Sorry just a bit confused about which Pirelli tyre to go for. Appreciate any help or advice.

Thanks
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 02:41:39 pm by prp74 »
mk5 Graphite Blue GTI - Leathers, Xenons, MFD2, PDC, Boot Pop - SOLD
mk7 Pure White GTI - Performance Pack, Xenons, DSG, Leathers, Pro Nav, Dynaudio, Self Park, Keyless, 18" OZ Ultraleggera

Offline GTI-Pirelli

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 27
Re: Pirelli Tyres - Advice & Help
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 10:52:59 pm »
None of the above  :P

I have put loads of standard P-Zero's on mine over the last few years (Not Nero or Rosso). These are the ones fitted on the Pirelli Edition from the factory.

I had a pair of Rosso's on the front of mine when I bought it. When the tread gets down to 3-4mm the grip is appalling in the wet. The case is similar with the Nero's my dad had on a Jaguar X-Type a few years back. The standard P-Zero's still work well when nearly bald! (In my experience).

This is just my thoughts but...

I got 4 Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2's put on 2 weeks ago for a change.

Make sure they look after your wheels. Even though I asked them to be careful they still damaged all 4 but 1 needs professional correction!
(Kwik Fit, Cotteridge, Birmingham)

2017 Audi S4

Offline prp74

• Thank You
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 11:03:01 pm »
Thanks....

Goodyear it is then. Appricated the feedback  :happy2:
mk7 Pure White GTI - Performance Pack, Xenons, DSG, Leathers, Pro Nav, Dynaudio, Self Park, Keyless, 18" OZ Ultraleggera

Offline bonelorry

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 72
  • -Receive: 44
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2013, 07:05:03 am »
The 25% off is a con, All Kwik fit do is increase the till price by 25% the month prior to the promotion but dont actually sell the tyres at the on screen price they sell for the same price without the promo!

Then the month after the till price increase when they launch the promotion they can legally advertise a 25% reduction on the tyres.

You will pay the same price all year round, Trust me!

Go for either some Eagle F1 asymetrics, Conti sport contacts or Michelin pilot sports.

Oh and the reason I know this about the 25% is because I work for a company called Stapleton's, Unfortunatley just over a year ago our Japanese parent company Itochu bought Kwik-Fit much to our disgust. I get to see all of their marketing campaigns etc......Bunch of amatuers and rip off merchants and I am very proud to say I DO NOT work for them!

Apologies for the rant but I hate to see the general public getting conned or ripped off!

Regards Simon
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 07:16:25 am by bonelorry »

Type_R

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2013, 08:44:54 am »
Another vote for GYEF1AS2S!

Most definitely the best tyre I have had on the car, and in 7 yrs I have had quite a few!

Offline prp74

• Thank You
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2013, 01:20:49 pm »
Kwik-fit quoted £445 for the Goodyear's, however I found a place for £415, so I'm going to get them fitted next week.

Thanks for all your help guys  :happy2:

Offline paulw123

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 47
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2013, 01:32:50 pm »
Euro car parts have just started doing fitted tyres, bit cheaper than blackcircles, really wanting a discount code.
GT TDI sport 140 08plate,RCD510 DAB, leather armrest, euro cup holder

Type_R

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2013, 02:26:18 pm »
Camskill is the way forward by some margin!

Offline GTI-Pirelli

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 27
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2013, 02:40:17 pm »
Another vote for GYEF1AS2S!

Most definitely the best tyre I have had on the car, and in 7 yrs I have had quite a few!

Lots of these comments on here! The reason why I have some on now. The power of this forum.  :wink:

2017 Audi S4

Offline prp74

• Thank You
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2013, 02:02:49 pm »
Finally got the Goodyear tyres fitted today. The ride quality and noise is so much better now. Thank you for all your recommendation and feedback.