Make a donation

Author Topic: Best products for a reflex silver  (Read 7181 times)

Offline detailer

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 7
  • I like things shiney
Re: Best products for a reflex silver
« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2013, 05:47:53 pm »
Dw is an awesome site, some great advice. I tend too find they go from week to week biging up a product. Be prepared for an empty wallet  :signLOL:

Saintsteve

« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2013, 06:34:46 pm »
Dw is an awesome site, some great advice. I tend too find they go from week to week biging up a product. Be prepared for an empty wallet  :signLOL:

If your wallets not emptied in the modifications game, it will in the detailing game  :signLOL: :signLOL:

One way or another, forums gonna get ya  :signLOL:

Offline E30Dom

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 42
  • -Receive: 76
« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2013, 09:10:49 pm »

If your wallets not emptied in the modifications game, it will in the detailing game  :signLOL: :signLOL:

[/quote

And you don't help Steve, ordered placed... Happy to get first hand comparison to Werkstatt...

When's your username changing from SaintSteve to ZainoSteve? ;-)
Diesel Daily Hack.

Saintsteve

« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2013, 09:28:43 pm »

[/quote

And you don't help Steve, ordered placed... Happy to get first hand comparison to Werkstatt...

When's your username changing from SaintSteve to ZainoSteve? ;-)

Ive been called worse lol

Offline E30Dom

• Thank You
« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2013, 04:52:04 pm »
One way to settle this...

FIGHT! :)

Diesel Daily Hack.

Offline detailer

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 7
  • I like things shiney
« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2013, 04:56:46 pm »
 :signLOL: 

:booty:

Offline E30Dom

• Thank You
« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2013, 11:22:59 am »
Anything Zaino, it will blow anything else out of the water .

Well after the past few days I've been putting Zaino Pro2 and the gloss enhancer to the test, have washed and detailed three cars, 2 in Zaino, my brothers silver 335i and my reflex silver Edition 30, and my mums silver Merc CLK320 cabriolet in Werkstatt acrylic kit...

All three were washed, tardis'd, clayed, enhancement polished with a DA and merzerna polish and pads, then wiped down and sealed with each product... Each product applied with a finishing(soft) pad with the DA on 2- slow speed...

I found the Zaino very thin, which made it hard to see where it's been laid, but this of course makes it easier to remove as its a thin coat, once removed the gloss enhancer quick detailed was very watery/thin which I found hard to spread polish off... The results were ok but after finishing the merc with the Werkstatt which I find an easier system to use, even the older paint came up glorious with the Werkstatt... And kinda left me wishing I used it on the other two...

Will see what the next wash is like for a gauge of longevity, and might give the edition another coat of the Zaino to give it a fair crack, but I would still say Werkstatt is my preference and gives me better results... It is amazing stuff...
Diesel Daily Hack.

Offline maxload

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 29
  • Edition30 - No.1819
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2013, 11:51:33 am »
I've been using zaino for a while on my dimond black ed30. For ease of use i think it's awesome. But after testing meg's new dark wax on my wing and comparing it to the zaino finish for me the wax was better.  The zaino finish adds a glassy , mirror finish, but the meg's added more depth and gloss and one hell of a shine.

As for a reflex silver finish there are so many products available , people will say this is better or thats better, but at the end of the day , for me it's trial and error.

Offline E30Dom

• Thank You
« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2013, 12:15:19 pm »
Which it was for me... But will revert back to my tried and tested Werkstatt Acrylic Kit
Diesel Daily Hack.

Offline maxload

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 29
  • Edition30 - No.1819
    • Email
Re: Re: Re: Best products for a reflex silver
« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2013, 07:29:34 pm »
Which it was for me... But will revert back to my tried and tested Werkstatt Acrylic Kit

Same here Dom. My cars due a full machine polish in the next couple of weeks. Ill be finishing with a wax for sure 8)

Offline torque777

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 12
Re: Re: Best products for a reflex silver
« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2013, 02:42:09 pm »
Just a photo of mine this morning ..just to show the beading using poorboys white natty paste wax and then a coat of dodo juice hard candy wax paste

sent using my own fingers

Offline Leonpettit

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 9
  • 2008 Edition 30 DSG - No.1706
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,89470.msg905534.html#msg905534
« Reply #56 on: June 12, 2013, 06:47:17 pm »
just ordered the werkstat acrylic kit  :happy2:
Mods coming soon...