Make a donation

Author Topic: BBS LM Rep's  (Read 4730 times)

Offline Reidyboi

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
BBS LM Rep's
« on: July 05, 2013, 08:56:38 pm »
Hi , Just wanted to find bit info up on these wheels I'm looking to purchase for my gti , bbs lm reps 18inch 8j front 9j rear . The et offsets are et42 front and et45 rear would anyone recommend these . Would they need spacers or longer bolts .

Offline brady88

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
Re: BBS LM Rep's
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 09:28:35 pm »
I wouldn't recommend any reps at all :(

Crack very easily... the finish often doesn't last well and they are a lot heavier and harder to balance.
But saying that the sizes would suit it well... my CH's are 8j all round with the same offset but to be honest 9j on the back would be better ;) ...you'll need some lows to do them justice!
Best to try without spacers at first, then buy later if you want more poke. You won't need longer bolts unless you get spacers, even then it depends on width of the spacers.

Offline Reidyboi

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2013, 09:37:33 pm »
I had bbs lm on my mk4 gti , they wasn't the worst buy ever I would of kept them but size completely different . Did you have any problems with rubbing on the strut or wing ? Thanks for the advise  :happy2:
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 09:42:10 pm by Reidyboi »

Offline Stanipkiss

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 09:49:29 pm »
There is a set of rep RS's on "South West Dubberz classified" on facebook

Ad reads.

BBS RS Replicas, 18x8 & 18x9.5, 5x100 & 5x112 this pic was when new 4 months ago and there is 4 for sale with nearly new tyres all round. 2 wheels have slight (I mean slight) kerbing, looking for £550 as we're £850 new.

Take a look..

Mk5 Jetta 2.0l Tdi 140 se Apex RDX coilovers, BBS VZ003, Skyline tails, Genuine Xenons more to come

Offline Dannyboy88

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 9
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2013, 09:50:10 pm »
Have you already seen some lm reps you want to buy as I have some for sale, 18" 8" fronts and 9" rears et42 in brilliant condition, they were on keano's ed30 before I bought them then I never fitted them on my car so they've been sat in the garage since.

Offline brady88

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2013, 09:52:00 pm »
No rubbing at all mate...mine is only on 35mm H&R springs though, so not the lowest.

I would try without spacers first and if they need more poke then spend the cash. You'll only need longer bolts if you go for thick spacers.

Offline brady88

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2013, 09:52:37 pm »
No rubbing at all mate...mine is only on 35mm H&R springs though, so not the lowest.

I would try without spacers first and if they need more poke then spend the cash. You'll only need longer bolts if you go for thick spacers.

Offline Reidyboi

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2013, 09:57:09 pm »
I was looking at a set of bbs ch gun metal but I personally don't think they stand out . The bbs lm stand out look unique compared to other wheels I've seen and do suite mk5 gti's . I've seen a set on ebay £400 delivered was just inquiring with those offsets et42 et45 the 9j on the rear if it would cause any problems and mods needed , also clearance on the strut and wing
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 09:59:28 pm by Reidyboi »

Offline Reidyboi

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2013, 10:01:56 pm »

What wheels do you have on yours ? I'm debating lowering it only due to spending ridiculous amounts on suspension parts on mk4 gti

Offline Dannyboy88

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2013, 10:08:21 pm »
Is that £400 with or without tyres?

Offline Reidyboi

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2013, 10:42:16 pm »
400 for the wheels delivered

Offline Dannyboy88

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2013, 10:54:50 pm »
£470 with tyres  :smiley:

Offline brady88

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2013, 11:17:50 pm »

What wheels do you have on yours ? I'm debating lowering it only due to spending ridiculous amounts on suspension parts on mk4 gti

That's CH's on mine in the picture... standard ones are 7.5J but these are from an Audi at 8J and dot have the 'Motorsport' embossed around the centre.
The polished lip on LM reps tend to fade and lacquer peel very easy...just saying lol if you do by reps don't pay any more than £400 without tyres! You'll get them for that price and they're not worth anymore. I only paid £450 for a set of 5 genuine CH's with tyres!

If your struggling there's a place in Falkirk called alloy wheel cash and carry which do them for £400 and under. You'll find their wheel range on Gumtree ;)