Make a donation

Author Topic: S£/R32/cupra brake fade  (Read 6798 times)

Offline monk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
Re: S£/R32/cupra brake fade
« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2009, 01:52:31 pm »
Dave's the only person I'd trust to make up a kit from VAG parts.

He's expert in caliper & disc types, piston sizes, master cylinder capacities and all relevant calculations to ensure the brakes are matched to the car.

We're not talking some ECS "just bung the biggest calipers you can find off anything bling" stuff here. Not that Jonny's point isn't valid, but budget doesn't have to mean compromised if you speak to the right people... it'll pretty much be like any Brembo BBK but made from VAG/Porsche branded parts instead.
Who is "Dave"?
sounds like the right person to be in touch with for the upgrading of brakes.
Is he a shop?
....German car fan...

Offline tony_danza

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2009, 02:02:29 pm »
daveB1970, he's just a bloke with access to an engineering shop and a very strange (almost anal) interest in brakes. He's an airline pilot, so hardly in it for the money - just sharing the love!
Sideways yo!

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2009, 02:41:46 pm »
Dave is going to have a very nice kit for sale on here very soon, i had a good chat with him last night and i am going to go and try and fit this new set up he has at the weekend. He is going to give our forum a great price, no details yet but they will be coming shortly. The kit he has made up will need 10 mil spacers for them to fit with a standard Monza II So they may not fit mine.  :sad1:#
I am going to sort out a small group buy or a really good price from him hopefully.

I agree with your first post Jonny about it not being a full on track set up, But the cheapest we would find one is between 1500 and 2000 pound minimum. And that puts them out of the range for most of us, so you have got to start looking  at finding a compromise between how many track days and  price.  :smiley:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2009, 04:54:55 pm »
i fully agree with what you are all saying there, I however cant afford to splash out 1600 on a set of brakes, a £1000ish is my limit, which is pretty much why i wanted to know if the would hold up to what i need.

the brakes I was looking at were 365mm two piece kit, with 6 pot calipers. as found on the rear of a porshe carrera GT supposably, so definately would be able to handle what i could throw at them. I however cant purchase them until the money is saved so they will still be on offer. ill just contact him when i hav the money ready and get some then. Id say from what i have spoken to him so far about, is that dave knows his stuff massively.

the vag crossover parts i think will suit me better, its more affordable and way cheaper than theother options available. And to be fair if they are ok for stopping an RS6 or porsche they should fine on a car half its power.

with the K04 upgrade, ive personally seen the first k04 vRS done at JKM produce 309bhp,(presumably due to the k03 engine having a higher compression ratio maybe). I also drove it and it was quick and felt really progressive with its power, but not worth the extra dosh over stage 2+, if i go that route it will be a bigger turbo