Make a donation

Author Topic: Boost gauge fitting problem  (Read 773 times)

Offline Bow

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
Boost gauge fitting problem
« on: July 21, 2013, 05:18:59 pm »
Hi I brought a newsouth boost gauge of here few weeks ago, right cut long story short I started fitting it today as I was feeding the pipe through bulk head I managed to melt it (yes I'm an idiot lol)  question is where do i source a new pipe from. It's the one from t piece to the gauge, the one on there didn't seem great quality was plastic hose. Want something more heat resistant. Also has anyone got a photo of the exact wires I need to wire up the gauge too so that it lights up when lights are on. Many thanks sam

Offline MC71

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
Re: Boost gauge fitting problem
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 06:39:41 pm »
eBay, just look for silicone hoses in the colour, internal and external diameter and length your after. Most are heat resistant up to 150 c at least IIRC.  :happy2:

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline edd666999

• Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 06:50:57 pm »
Hi I brought a newsouth boost gauge of here few weeks ago, right cut long story short I started fitting it today as I was feeding the pipe through bulk head I managed to melt it (yes I'm an idiot lol)  question is where do i source a new pipe from. It's the one from t piece to the gauge, the one on there didn't seem great quality was plastic hose. Want something more heat resistant. Also has anyone got a photo of the exact wires I need to wire up the gauge too so that it lights up when lights are on. Many thanks sam

melted it against what??? lol

Offline ukshaun

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 6
  • If in doubt.. flat out
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2013, 06:52:32 pm »
Or be cheeky and feed it through the gap in the door opening. If you open the drivers door you can feed it through the gap that goes up over the arch. Did the trick for me and it doesn't touch it when the door closes
My progress thread www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,66117.0.html
Mods done: revo map, new south boost gauge, rcd510 dab, gti grill, gti colour coded valance, tinted lights, leds, gti spoiler

Offline Bow

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2013, 09:30:50 pm »

melted it against what??? lol

God knows, the hose supplied was like plastic, engine was hot as had been driving it half hour before. My fault. But the pipe obviously wasn't up to the job. I fed it through the bulk head where newsouth diagram said. Also need a little help with the wiring please. Any links to the correct hose off ebay

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2013, 09:48:38 pm »
^^^^ The hoses come in dozens of sizes. You'll need to measure the internal diameter in mm. Probably one like this....

~~ Clicky here ~~

:happy2:

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline Bow

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2013, 09:52:51 pm »
^^^^ The hoses come in dozens of sizes. You'll need to measure the internal diameter in mm. Probably one like this....

~~ Clicky here ~~

:happy2:

Nice one thanks mate. Just need to work out wiring up to headlight switch, being colour bling don't help lol