Make a donation

Author Topic: Someone reversed into my car :-(  (Read 2085 times)

Offline jedi

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
  • GTI Edition 30
    • RP Driving School
Someone reversed into my car :-(
« on: August 27, 2013, 06:25:44 pm »
Parked my car up at my mother in laws in Isleworth, London for the evening.  Returned the next afternoon and noticed some c**k hit my car. 

I parked behind a mini but left enough room for them to leave however noticed the mini gone and the front near side of my bumper and had been reversed into.  Lots of deep scratches to the bumper and headlight, and the impact has knocked and cracked the front hinges of the bumper and damage to the front wing.

Not happy!  Took my car to get some quotes and have been told £438 inc VAT to fix.  Waiting on 2 more quotes - have been told anywhere between 400-500 quid.

Times like this I wonder is there any point having a nice car when some dick just reverses into you leaving you to folk out time and money to fix.   :sad1:

Offline Scottymon

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 83
  • -Receive: 125
  • UnNaturally Aspirated
  • My Ride: http://www.voodish.co.uk/misc/6n/6n-alive1.jpg
Re: Someone reversed into my car :-(
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 06:32:16 pm »
 :sad1:  Sorry to hear this mate, it's bad enough when things go wrong and you have to fix, but when it's 100% someone else's doing, grrr.

Are there any CCTV cameras you can request footage from?  After all it is leaving the scene of an accident.

Offline jedi

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • GTI Edition 30
    • RP Driving School
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 06:52:01 pm »
Cheers mate.  No unfortunately.  I checked to see but no cameras.  Gutted!

Offline Jacker

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2013, 11:47:58 pm »
That's gutting mate! I'm being so weary of where i park the car at the moment. Some people just can't drive/don't care about other peoples property.

Offline sparky

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2013, 01:06:50 pm »
I know the  feeling mate ! although not as bad as yours. I'd spent three days machine polishing mine with a three stage correction kit, so basically polished the whole car three times! only to park it at work last week and some fu**ing are**ole leave me some nice deep scratches on the rear bumber and quarter panel, most people dont give a f**k! rant over.

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2013, 01:26:25 pm »
Well having been driven into, I can share some of your pain. At least my guy has insurance (comfirmed with my insurance company).

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline reaper7881

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 4
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,68492
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2013, 01:39:07 pm »
get some pics up so we can see the extent of the damage  :smiley:
54 MK5 Golf 1.9tdi 3dr SMD Full Interior and Speedo Conversion, GTi Highline , Flat Bottom Wheel, ED30 Rear lights

Offline Horatio

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 39
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2013, 01:47:20 pm »
gutting to hear stories like this  :sad1: . We bought another car, mainly for my work purposes, and whilst it has now picked up a lot of battle scares, just parking in car parks  :rolleye:....it was mint when we bought. To say its infuriating is an understatement. I have been considering buying a blackview camera for both cars which I think is activated if it gets shuntted whilst parked  :fighting:
2007 Black Magic DSG Golf GTI Edition 30. No.1231
.:R32 "milk and juice come in 2 litres"
I run a dirty campervan, need scrubbers

Offline George118

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2013, 02:45:13 pm »
I'm ashamed to admit it but I always photograph the cars next to me in car parks ect just in case this happened, not that it would be much help but it makes me feel better lol

What a saddo I am

Offline Cameroon

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2013, 05:11:33 pm »
So many arseholes about, some one crashed into my car and took my wing mirror off, and scraped my door and wing, the scratches werent that deep so polished out, took a lot of work though and bought a new mirror, I found out who it was and they said they would pay, still waiting over a month ago, never gonna happen, I bought it myself, so many pricks about theses days!

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2013, 02:14:33 pm »
It really does hurt when something like this happens, especially when its not your fault!

Something similar has happened to mine before (rear off side quarter panel/bumper damaged) but luckily the person didn't drive off. They were leaving their details when I was walking back to the car. They ended up paying for it to be fixed so a good outcome.

But as I said I was lucky. My old mans front near side wing was badly damaged with no details left. There are a lot of people out there with no respect for others property :fighting:
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 02:18:23 pm by Kalpsn2000 »
Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦

Offline WHOZBOSS

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2013, 02:02:22 am »
Hate people that do this and just leave  :fighting: