Make a donation

Author Topic: Audi S3 8P Sprint Blue  (Read 7688 times)

Offline niallh

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 5
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,93799.0.html
Re: Audi S3 8P Sprint Blue
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2015, 10:42:15 pm »
The TPS in Leeds is so strict. Unless you've got an account you've got no chance of ordering anything :(
Audi S3 8P Sprint Blue

Offline niallh

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 5
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,93799.0.html
Re: Audi S3 8P Sprint Blue
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2015, 02:53:23 pm »
Well I havent updated this for a while. A few bits have been done since.

Went and picked up my Milltek cat back, however the seller still had both the rear section and the non-res pipe still connected to spent a while trying to get it to fit in the car as I took my GF with me and she wasnt too happy about being crushed with the seat far enough forward to fit the exhaust in. Got it home and tried to fit it but the clamp holding connecting the standard exhaust together had bolts that resembled two rusty stumps :( had to take it to my mates garage that weekend to get it up on a ramp and he just sliced the clamp clean off for me

Puchased a Revo intake from a member on here, v4rley, after posting a wanted ad. Came really quickly and of course it was on the car the night it arrived

I got an Autotech HPFP for £150 from a guy breaking his S3. Had an absolute nightmare fitting it, the low pressure hose wouldnt come off the barb so ended up unscrewing it and losing the washer for which I ended up buying a second hand bare pump unit from a friend for a tenner just for the washer.

Bought a cheap ebay downpipe which was listed to fit an S3 but clearly didnt if i still wanted my prop shaft connected so ended up selling to a mate with a mk2 Leon Cupra. About a month later i found a Milltek downpipe with sports cat for £250 so a 2 hour trip to Birmingham to collect and that was fitted the same weekend.

Fast forward to two weeks ago and i got a warning sign on the DIS for brake failure. Had this on my last a3 when the fluid was low as a result of a popped clutch line. Turned out that my rear caliper has broken a seal and was pissing brake fluid all over the rear wheel. Got a genuine refurbed caliper from TRW but its in R32 blue as it all they had for £70 and put some new rear pads in at the same time. the brake pedal is still a little spongy so got a feeling i might have to buy some more brake fluid and bleed the ABS pump

And to bring the thread up to date I have just placed an order with Alex @ AKS tuning for a Peron intercooler, Helix Clutch and LUK Flywheel and some R8 coilpacks.
Audi S3 8P Sprint Blue