Make a donation

Author Topic: diesels urgent help  (Read 1733 times)

jacko78

diesels urgent help
« on: August 13, 2009, 11:20:41 pm »
hi all,dont know if anyone knows about dervs but i have a reacurring problem.when driving the car slow out of my drive at about 1500rpm to 2000rpm i get a really nasty kangaroo hopping until i go past this rev range,also when trying to hold it at speed say 30 it does this again,its like wanting to go then hesitating,very jerky.been to vw 8 times now, last time this afternoon amd there still saying no fault codes shown.so they dont know what to do with it.its really bad,its got to the stage where my family where in it today and me and the misses nearly lost our teeth going through tescos and the kids r now wearing neck braces only kidding but it is quite a violent jerking.any help would be greatly received

Offline vRStu

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
Re: diesels urgent help
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 11:22:52 pm »
Try another dealer, if they are saying there isn't a fault because there aren't any codes, and assuming it's as obvious as you say, then the dealer is pants.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline QD MBE

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 102
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 11:24:31 pm »
Try another dealer, if they are saying there isn't a fault because there aren't any codes, and assuming it's as obvious as you say, then the dealer is pants.

X2

jacko78

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 11:35:52 pm »
cheers guys.i think ill do just that.the only thing is its very intermittent,and as usual as never done it when im out with one of their mechanics.it can be recreated if you put your foot on and of the pedal really quickly on a straight road and make it jerk backwards and forwards in succession.this is what im getting,but without the pedal being moved

Offline FamilyDub

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 2
  • ...who needs a diesel?
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2009, 05:46:39 pm »
cheers guys.i think ill do just that.the only thing is its very intermittent,and as usual as never done it when im out with one of their mechanics.it can be recreated if you put your foot on and of the pedal really quickly on a straight road and make it jerk backwards and forwards in succession.this is what im getting,but without the pedal being moved

If it was a petrol car then that sounds exactly like my throttle body issue I have on my MKV GTi.

Don't know if derv is set-up the same, though?  :ashamed:
MKV GTI | Reflex Silver | 5-dr, Family-Spec | 17" w/anthracite Finish | Manual | Highline | Cruise | Revision 'D' DV | Dirty Pipes |

Offline gazbutS3

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 55
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2009, 06:10:15 pm »
sounds just like a problem we had with the other halfs Leon TDI, it turned out to be a fuel pump issue

Offline NotNormal

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2009, 10:56:42 pm »
Some of the early TDi golfs and the passats had a recall on the lift pump in the tank, they replaced them

Could be this

Could also be the variable geomertry starting to fail - worth having a good dealer do a turbo check

Don't judge me by your ability !

Current daily crapper - Audi A6 Avant 3.0tdi SLine Quattro

Previous favourite rides :

BMW E92 335d M/Sport (351/520)
BMW  E92 335d SE (339/500)
Golf MK5 GT170 Diesel Sport (220/330)
Audi S4 (B6) - Noggy blue (366bhp)
Evo VI (6 ;) ) RSII - Scotia White (420bhp)
Astravan Sportive 1.9 CDTi - 190bhp
Astra GTE (MK2) Turbo (

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Thank You
  • -Given: 88
  • -Receive: 95
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed!
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2009, 04:35:41 pm »
It sounds to me like it could be the MAF sensor
Sean - Independant Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
------
07 Golf5 GTI 5dr (BWA), DSG, colour coded, Revo, WALK, WL ARBs, 235 PS2s, seat drawers, OEM tints, custom/hybrid engine mounts, Audi-esque soundproofing

~~ free official Golf V factory workshop manuals ~~