Make a donation

Author Topic: Jbenekeorr's MK5 GTI DSG  (Read 5602 times)

Offline jbenekeorr

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
Re: Jbenekeorr's MK5 GTI DSG
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2013, 10:38:55 am »
Couple more mini updates!

Fitted my red rear GTI badge last night. The old one didn't come off without a fight!

My paddle extensions arrived. I'm not all that sure on them - I wanted brushed aluminium to match the rest of the interior trim but they don't seem to exist!

Also a shamelessly instagrammed pic!

Thanks for looking!

Offline jbenekeorr

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2013, 01:23:28 pm »
After a while just enjoying the car, I've done a couple more bits.

I ordered a few bits from eBay China - I was worried about quality but they all seem pretty good. Delivery took a while but not as long as expected.

Silver tipped window switches and mirror switch

I also got a battery cover as mine was missing and I'm still waiting on one of the darker hazard light switches.

And finally - R32 rear lights :D bought them new off eBay as I couldn't get any used ones. Really pleased with how they look.

new vs old

And fitted

Offline G40will

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 8
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2013, 11:20:52 pm »
Very nice!

Offline micaerin

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2013, 11:27:31 pm »
can i ask who you got the ED30 rear lights from?
Thanks in advance
Nice looking car by the way  :happy2:

2007 GTI DSG, Xenon's, Armrest 6 Disc ,Rear Parking Sensors,Sunroof,Lux Pack,Cruise,Electric drivers seat,MFSW,RNS 510,Miltek Cat Back.

Offline jbenekeorr

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2013, 06:38:19 am »
can i ask who you got the ED30 rear lights from?
Thanks in advance
Nice looking car by the way  :happy2:

I got them off eBay, they seem to be quite hard to get hold of unfortunately so you have to be prepared to get your wallet out. This is the link for the ones I got http://bit.ly/1ctEJYv

Offline jbenekeorr

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2013, 09:29:53 pm »
Time to update!

Got some winter rims with tyres from a member on here to keep my monzas safe over the slippery months!
It turns out that one of my tyres was almost on the wear markers so I'll be replacing the front pair before they get put back on in the spring!!!

It's a bit depressing to see it on little wheels but I'm gradually getting used to it - I expected a softer ride but these seem no different to my monzas!

Also, fitted an RCD510 DAB and MK6 climate control which I love! Relatively easy install once I read the guides on how to do it.

Offline jbenekeorr

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2014, 08:36:26 pm »
I haven't updated this thread for a while so I thought I should let you lot know what I've been up to!
I'll keep it short!

I have had tints put on the rear windows - they look very much like the OEM tints :)

I've obviously passed on the GTI love to my mate who has now got a MK6 which is rather lovely!

Detailing world thread on his car here http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=329893

Had a birthday

Fitted a dark hazard switch which arrived very quickly from china!

Got a private plate (you may think I'm a knobhead). A little nod to my love for fast volvos you may notice...

Fitted an MDI

Fitted some MFSW buttons

Polished up my Monzas, ready to go back on! I'm getting a couple of tyres fitted before I put them back on. Hopefully do that next week as the winter wheels are making me too sad!!!

I'm currently on the look-out for a Land Rover Discovery for a bit of green lane action!