Make a donation

Author Topic: Service cost  (Read 1537 times)

Offline scooba

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
Service cost
« on: June 07, 2010, 10:09:32 am »
Hi I have just purchased a ED30 Gti with 10,000 mls it is now 24 months old and requires its second service .I have just been quoted £235 with LLO4 oil and £195 with Castrol Magnetec

My question is Would anyone be able to advise if the cost is reasonable and what oil i should go with ???

I am happy to buy my own oil from opie oils and insist they use what i supply .OK i realise it proberbly doesnt need some special oil as its standard gti ed30 ,but i paid £18k for it and penny pinching on oil seams silly any advice would be great regards Scooba

Offline Richn83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
Re: Service cost
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 10:20:09 am »
Hi Scooba, from my own recent quotes for servicing I had the following for a time or distance service using LL oil.

Bromley £195
Gloucester £172.83
Croydon £212.98
Camberley £168

Personally I will be going for LL oil.  As you say its silly to have spent best part of 20k on a car and then scrimp £20 on the right oil for the job!

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.