Make a donation

Author Topic: RNS 510 (1T0 035 686 E) coding  (Read 2185 times)

Offline golfmk5

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 7
RNS 510 (1T0 035 686 E) coding
« on: June 02, 2014, 12:52:13 am »
Hi everyone,

I cannot seem to get VCDS' long coding helper for 56 - Radio to display what the different bits actually does:

I have recently retrofitted this unit into an MK5 and the RNS itself is working great, but I have some issues getting the car to recognize the bluetooth. My problem of course is that since I cannot know what the checkmarks (or lack of-) actually means I cannot confirm if the coding of the radio is the issue here. Ross-Tech has an overview (http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/VW_Radio_Navigation_System_(RNS510)), but it just doesn't seem to fit the coding I have very well - shows 8 bytes, mine has 10 bytes etc. - and I am wondering if the reason is that the hardware in the 1T0 035 686 units changed? :stupid: I would really appreiciate if someone with this unit and access to VCDS could post some screenshots of what the different bits actually means.

Offline Eddie-NL

• Trader - 2014
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 298
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,56721.0.html
Re: RNS 510 (1T0 035 686 E) coding
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 01:18:09 am »
are you using a genuine cable?

i coded a 686E unit without any issues
Genuine VCDS VAG-COM HEX-USB + Genuine Vag Commander + Genuine VAG Tacho + Genuine VAG CAN PRO  + RNS Manager for Video in Motion and New Pin Code for RNS510

Cluster and Key coding

Location Great Yarmouth

Retrofits fitted by me see my members rides

Offline Viking

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 47
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 06:21:25 am »
You say you can't get the car to recognise the Bluetooth. Has the car actually got Bluetooth fitted, because the RNS510 doesn't have it.
Sarcasm for free. Anything after that can only be considered as a bonus.

Just because you think you know something, doesn't make you an expert if you've just read it on the internet, y'know.

Offline golfmk5

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 07:14:58 am »
are you using a genuine cable?

i coded a 686E unit without any issues
I will be honest with you; I do not know as I have borrowed the cable, but considering the issues I am facing it would seem it's not. Now that I know how useful VCDS is I will probably buy my own cable anyway, but that will have to wait until next month and then there is a few weeks delivery time. I was hoping I wouldn't have to wait until then to get my bluetooth working...

You say you can't get the car to recognise the Bluetooth. Has the car actually got Bluetooth fitted, because the RNS510 doesn't have it.
Originally the car came with a factory fitted telephone preparation control unit (1K0 035 729 E), phone cradle and a bluetooth adapter (7L0 051 435 PA). This enables the use of microphone and speakers for phone calls and was working fine with my old unit and also after upgrading to RNS 510, but it doesn't integrate with the head unit in any way. I have now removed that to install a 9WZ. It came complete with a wiring harness and a FIS-LINK adapter to overcome the issues with red instrument cluster and battery drain. Here is the link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/321366784922