Make a donation

Author Topic: Newbie from Hampshire  (Read 731 times)

Offline Mykkael

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 4
Newbie from Hampshire
« on: July 29, 2014, 11:42:23 am »
Hiya,

I'm Derek from Hook, in NE Hants. Occurred to me I never got round to posting here, so here we are :) Long time lurker, but only got around to registering a few months ago.

Had my Golf GT TDI around 2 years now, I swear one day I will get around to doing some retrofits as soon as I stop having to spend money fixing things :P

List of annoying niggles fixed so far, guess to be expected with a 10yr old car:

- Replaced Tailgate wiring loom (wires snapped in the rubber boot - result = funky issues with boot locking itself etc) & latch.
- Replaced half the bloody stupid air-con motors as it kept getting stuck on recirc & wouldn't blow out drivers side footwell.
- Replaced most of intercooler pipework as leaking/split - yay no more limp mode when booting it
- Replaced Passenger Door lock
- Fixed leaking boot due to air vents misaligned (don't argue with a 2 yr old whilst reversing)

Love the car (much better than my POS 2.0 Passat B5.5); despite all the issues. Hope to upgrade to a GTI one day; although with the sprogs eating my wallet, guess I'll be with the TDI for a while longer :grin:
Golf 2.0 GT TDI 2004 - BKD | Passat 2.0 Sport 2002 - AZM | VCDS 12.12.2 HEX-USB+CAN