Make a donation

Author Topic: P0674 - Cylinder 4 Glow Plug Circuit Fault  (Read 2521 times)

Offline L5 TUW

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 1
    • SimplyFocused
    • Email
P0674 - Cylinder 4 Glow Plug Circuit Fault
« on: August 11, 2014, 03:27:59 pm »
Hopefully someone on here can help, last Tuesday (5th August) when i started the car in the morning i got the dreaded engine management light come on, i drove to work and the car felt fine, no loss in power or anything unusual.

Tried to call into VW Romford as they are the nearest garage and i have 12 months warranty (Sorry should have said the car is a MK5 2.0 TDI GT 170 DPF 57 plate with 48k on the clock)

They couldnt book me in so i drove home and called the VW Assist guys who came out and diagnosed the fault and cleared it, he said it was probably where i had recently had the air con compressor/condenser replaced as the sensor is in the front bumper.

The fault the re-appeared on Saturday so i called them out at again and it reported as the same issue, this time they did not clear the fault and VW have asked me to bring it in today and tll give me a hire car whilst they look at it.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue and if you know what caused it ?

Basically from what the technician was saying is that the car isnt cold enough to need the glow plug to start and therefore it is picking up a temperature outside as being lower than what it actually is ?

Any help would be appreciated

Rgds
Stuart

Offline marko

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 33
    • Email
Re: P0674 - Cylinder 4 Glow Plug Circuit Fault
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 03:39:00 pm »
This model gives trouble with the wiring loom that runs into the cylinder head...maybe have it checked.
I dont buy into the vw assist story on outside temp being an issue in my opinion
2007 TR gt170...heated leather,underseat drawers,auto-levelling bi-xenons,puddle leds,chrome switches,footwell lights f+r,cruise control and ed30 rear lamps,LED interior....carbon highline clocks,ed30 front spoiler,RNS 510 P+MDI,mk6 gti gearknob,TPMS done,complete r32 trim kit+ MFSW,r32 f+r brakes,RLS fitted.headlamp washers,folding mirrors and boot pop,mk6 RVC,19"Helios,AP coilies,valeo LEDs  ...dpf delete and remap to finish off

Offline L5 TUW

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • SimplyFocused
    • Email
Re:
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 03:42:05 pm »
I agree. It sounds a bit flimsy. Should I tell them to check the wiring to the cylinder head or will they do this as a check anyway. As I don't want to collect the car and all they have done is reset it as I've only had it 3 weeks !

Offline marko

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 33
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 03:47:30 pm »
There was a recall on the piezo injectors in your car at one time and in most cases they would replace the injectors and the loom.you should inquire to see if this work was carried out on yours
2007 TR gt170...heated leather,underseat drawers,auto-levelling bi-xenons,puddle leds,chrome switches,footwell lights f+r,cruise control and ed30 rear lamps,LED interior....carbon highline clocks,ed30 front spoiler,RNS 510 P+MDI,mk6 gti gearknob,TPMS done,complete r32 trim kit+ MFSW,r32 f+r brakes,RLS fitted.headlamp washers,folding mirrors and boot pop,mk6 RVC,19"Helios,AP coilies,valeo LEDs  ...dpf delete and remap to finish off

Offline L5 TUW

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • SimplyFocused
    • Email
Re:
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 07:05:31 pm »
Great thanks Marko I will get this checked

Offline L5 TUW

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • SimplyFocused
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2014, 10:37:03 am »
There was a recall on the piezo injectors in your car at one time and in most cases they would replace the injectors and the loom.you should inquire to see if this work was carried out on yours

Just checked with VW and you are correct there was a recall on the injectors and mine were replaced under warranty in May 2012 so thats good news i guess as it shouldnt be that ha ha

#Ill keep you posted :)