Make a donation

Author Topic: Mk5 Gti Revo Map  (Read 2129 times)

Offline Dub-Jon

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
  • Mk1 20vt track car + mk5 gti daily
    • Facebook
    • Email
Mk5 Gti Revo Map
« on: August 26, 2014, 10:39:02 am »
Hi guys,

I ve had my Revo map on my car for the last 2 years, but when i first had it i disconected the battery when fitting a sub.  didnt realise it wud knock the map off.  the guy who mapped it said he will put it back on but only that once and he would charge the next time it happend.   

Anyway.

my Battery had now had it and need a new one,  how can i get around not loosing the map again??

The guy in Halfords said they have a thing that they plug into the cigarette lighter that still puts charge around the car to stop loosing all the info from the radios and stuff but will that work for the map??

Thanks

Jon

Mk1 20vt track car + mk5 gti daily

Offline GTI-Ross

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 26
  • Learning All The Time :)
    • Email
Re: Mk5 Gti Revo Map
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 12:29:32 pm »
I would imagine it would be fine, as long as the ECU has power then it should not be lost. Call AKS or Stattlers to check?
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | VWR SubFrame Mount | VibraTechnics Upper Engine Mount | VibraTechnic Transmission Mount | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline bacillus

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
Re: Mk5 Gti Revo Map
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 07:05:13 pm »
It would be prudent to ask your tuner what settings he applied as you should be able to find someone ( from the vcds list) close by with a sps switch who can reapply the settings.

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,120.msg812454.html#msg812454
Without traction power is nothing!