Make a donation

Author Topic: ED 30 Wheels what to do  (Read 1112 times)

Offline scooba

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
ED 30 Wheels what to do
« on: August 24, 2014, 12:07:40 pm »
I still have the ED30 , the wheels are looking tatty again so the question is do I buy a new set off VZs in anthracite at 660 and fit a new set off tyres PS3s so spend 1100 , Or do I source a set off tyres and send them with the stock pescy rims to Lepsons 400 tyres and 320 refurb then sell the tyres off the Pescaras or Fit VZs and sell the Pescys with the PS3s that have 5mm + left on them .

Some one help me here , The ED30 has been neglected  lately and needs a general tidy up starting with the wheels , A whole dented the rear quarter and that can be addressed next  along with repainting both mirror caps .

Wheels what should I do , Is anybody looking for some 5mm+ Michelin Pilot Sport 3s    or a set off Pescaras with tyres ?  I am really tempted to fit the New VZs  any body have any objections ? or reasons why I shouldn't

TIA

Offline MC71

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
Re: ED 30 Wheels what to do
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 12:24:58 pm »
I fitted VZ's to my Eddy and sold the Pescara's as I wanted slightly more room for a BBK with out having to use spacers but still wanted the Edition30 look. If your Eddy is standard and want to keep in that way then stick with the Pescara's and get them refurb'd would be my advice.

Depending on condition you'll get somewhere around £400-£500 for the Pescara's if you sell them, is about the going rate and allowing for someone else having to shell out £300+ for a decent refurb.

:happy2:

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline scooba

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 08:22:27 am »
Has anyone used lepsons in Gillingham for Pescara refurbs , If so what shade did you use, I don't want silver and if I go with refurbs as the desired route id like the colour as near to stock as possible . I think light anthracite looks almost right

Offline JaseGti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 9
    • Remoteclothing
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2014, 10:00:07 am »
Gunmetal is a great colour

Or

Something outrageous is normal pretty cool  :jumpmove: