Make a donation

Author Topic: Revo Tommorow  (Read 10596 times)

Offline TurboTrev

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
Re: Revo Tommorow
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2009, 03:26:36 pm »
I asked Kev at Revo what settings an Edition 30 (no other mods) should have and here is his reply:

"We would recommend leaving it to what your dealer set it to after they datalogged the car on the road. There’s no ‘be all end all’ setting, whilst we can advise you as to what we ‘think’ would be best we wouldn’t know for sure without datalogging the car in real terms. As a starting point I would use B6, F9, T5 which is probably on the safe side, you’re more than likely able to run more timing but again I couldn’t tell you for sure without checking the car."

Offline cuprak1

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
  • Cupra k1 - 360 bhp/360 ft-lbs
    • London web design
« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2009, 03:52:29 pm »
I asked Kev at Revo what settings an Edition 30 (no other mods) should have and here is his reply:

"We would recommend leaving it to what your dealer set it to after they datalogged the car on the road. There’s no ‘be all end all’ setting, whilst we can advise you as to what we ‘think’ would be best we wouldn’t know for sure without datalogging the car in real terms. As a starting point I would use B6, F9, T5 which is probably on the safe side, you’re more than likely able to run more timing but again I couldn’t tell you for sure without checking the car."

that is the same reply i had WORD for WORD a few months ago about mine.... dammn!! he must get asked that a lot  :jumping:

SpeedStats iPhone app  - AVAILABLE NOW!
---------------------------------------
View my Cupra k1 project thread here! 360is

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2009, 07:03:11 pm »

that is the same reply i had WORD for WORD a few months ago about mine.... dammn!! he must get asked that a lot  :jumping:

....Of course. And it's good advice - Each car is different. And it's another reason I go to Revo dealer JKM.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline QD MBE

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 102
« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2009, 07:11:32 pm »
Just got back guys & all I can say is wow!

Made 298 on the rollers but they said with a week or so it will adapt.. is this true?

also went for a pipercross panel

Amazing difference to the car

Good figures, what is the delivery like?  Boost early and progressive or comes in like a train at 3500rpm?  Brakes next?
 :happy2:

Offline edition_30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2009, 09:31:47 pm »
I really can't believe how much it's transformed the car.. I must admit tho I did line the way the car felt from original.. The way it made the power felt so smooth..

It's taken some getting used to & if I was honest when I first got it done I loved the power but dud not like how it was delivered.. Felt lie the car had lost it's identity.. Now it's started to grow on me I absolute love it.. Smooth progression upto 2.5 rpm then all of a sudden it explodes.. The power really is unbelievable.. So too I imaginge is the look on my face!

Brakes would are def on my list.. Any suggestions?

Offline NB07

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 26
« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2009, 07:53:22 am »
Well i've just changed one of my presets to 969 and will give it a go for a couple of days to see if theres any difference if i get feul cuts i will go straight back to 759 as that seemed really good for me  :smiley:

all i can say is wow this has made my car so much more responsive it felt fast before but now its mental! will have to put it back tho as its getting a bit icy in the mornings and might be a bit dangerous. EDITION_30 i suggest you get yourself a select plus switch and then you can change the settings also  :happy2:
Black Edition 30 DSG - Gone but not forgotten!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2009, 09:08:56 am »

all i can say is wow this has made my car so much more responsive it felt fast before but now its mental! will have to put it back tho as its getting a bit icy in the mornings and might be a bit dangerous.

....To begin with you'll be pushing it a bit to explore how it responds but you'll settle down as you get used to the remap. Try not to suddenly floor it when slippy - The ESP will mostly take care of you but it's a better way of driving in ALL conditions anyway to be more progressive on the throttle and not stamp on it. It doesn't have to be icy, it can be a white line which flashes your ESP.

The sooner you can get that grip, the sooner your power will get transferred to the road and you'll be surprised by your progress. Scrabbling around for grip with too much power too suddenly doesn't result in much progress!

Don't forget to inform your insurer. Enjoy!  :happy2:

:congrats:  Another satisfied Revo customer.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 09:15:09 am by RedRobin »

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!