Make a donation

Author Topic: Dan's Shadow Blue Mk5 Jetta  (Read 17173 times)

Offline DanMaytee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
Re: Dan's Shadow Blue Mk5 Jetta
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2014, 06:01:18 pm »
Thought I'd give a quick update to keep this thread alive. 

Managed to fly through the MOT last month surprisingly! Had to raise it up quite a bit though due to it having no helper springs.  This was quite a task as the coilovers were seized.  Anyway 3 hours later I managed to get them loose.

They're all greased up now and wrapped in electrical tape to stop any grit sticking to them (cable tie around the tape to stop it peeling off).

Looked absolutely terrible raised right up and actually handled really badly!

Anyway I got it through the MOT and got it wound back down (down a few extra mm on the fronts)

I've managed to try the Gtechniq G Wash Shampoo that I won as part of a Gtechniq kit at the Uk-Mkivs MegaMeet. Average amount of suds but absolutely lots of lubrication. I normally use Meguiars Wash and Wax but I 100% prefer this. I'd highly recommend it to anyone.  The tyre and trim gel is amazing too.  Looking forward to seeing how long it lasts.

Quick video of water sheeting.  Not bad to say it was last waxed two months ago.  Just giving it another coat now! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBQWeN7dWYg

Also I've decided where I am going with the car.  I'm going for the GLI side skirts still but I'm going to get the wheels painted gold (same as the Clio Williams wheels) with a polished lip.  I'm also going to debadge the back of the boot and get it filled in.  I just need to wait as the car has a few spots of rust that I need to get sorted by VW.  The Sills are almost rusted through where the wing joins them (luckily this can't be seen unless you look through the gap), around the number plate lights and on the notch on my bonnet.  Hopefully VW will sort this for free fingers crossed. 

Anywhere a quick photoshop of how I'm hoping to get it looking minus the skirts.

Offline Stanipkiss

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2014, 09:22:54 pm »

Saw this at inters Sooo clean! Gold wheels and skirts will be a nice touch  :happy2:

Mk5 Jetta 2.0l Tdi 140 se Apex RDX coilovers, BBS VZ003, Skyline tails, Genuine Xenons more to come

Offline DanMaytee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2015, 01:02:05 pm »
So it's been a while but nothing much has happened.

I tried a GTI grill on but I didn't like it. Would of looked better with some proper side grills I think though.

Managed to pick up a set of Depo Xenons.  Fitted a 4300k HID kit and I did the 6 o'clock mod and the output is brilliant. 

Met up with Joss (you may have seen his Jetta on here) as he was buying my old Subwoofer.  Unfortunately his car broke down on my drive (power cable to the power steering module had corroded and snapped off). None of our bodges would work so we called the AA who luckily had some spare connected and sorted it out for him.  This gave me time to get some snaps of his car.

Also I managed to sell my old stereo and purchased a new one.  I was going to go for the RCD510 as I wanted an OEM unit but deciding I wanted Satnav as well I didn't want to fork out for the RNS510.  I ended up getting an Erisin unit (Chinese brand) and I couldn't be happier with it.  Has all the usual gizmos but it also communicates directly through the canbus so I can get OBD info etc :).  The only thing I do not like is the font on the buttons but I will get over it.

http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i402/danmaytee90/2015-05-20%2012.25.59_zps9shayos4.jpg

I get married in less than 30 days so once that's over and the cars been MOT'd hopefully more mods will be coming! :)

Offline prp74

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 37
  • -Receive: 126
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2015, 06:14:05 pm »
Xenons make a big difference to the front  :happy2:

Looking good.
mk5 Graphite Blue GTI - Leathers, Xenons, MFD2, PDC, Boot Pop - SOLD
mk7 Pure White GTI - Performance Pack, Xenons, DSG, Leathers, Pro Nav, Dynaudio, Self Park, Keyless, 18" OZ Ultraleggera

Offline DanMaytee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2015, 10:19:52 pm »
Xenons make a big difference to the front  :happy2:

Looking good.

Thanks dude.  They definitely have made a massive difference.  So much happier with them :)

Offline AndyBrown

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2015, 10:52:10 pm »
Cools as f*ck the stereo displaying obd info  :happy2: