Make a donation

Author Topic: MK5 gti ipod connection advice required  (Read 2076 times)

Offline njdudsbury

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
MK5 gti ipod connection advice required
« on: December 15, 2009, 11:04:29 pm »
Hi all
I am thinking of putting a Ipod connection in my MK5 GTI. It has the standard single cd unit in it.
I want a lead to connect to an Ipod in the glove box and charge it . What I want is some control over the ipod through the head unit (ie up and down tracks and so on)
Do you loose the use of the single cd player if you do this?
Also I believe there is an AUX lead you can also attach so you get full control from the ipod but no charging capability.

Anybody got any experiences and any advice you could share?

Cheers

Offline neg

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 7
  • gone old skool
Re: MK5 gti ipod connection advice required
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009, 12:06:16 am »
What about one of the new parrot kits which support an ipod connection - you can get one with a screen for control - which ok is not the HU but the next best thing/

Nasir

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2009, 12:23:30 am »
Theres the Dension (sp?), which is the oem fitment I believe. You can control the ipod but only as playlists and track names and artists won't be shown, just track 01 for example. It's in place of the 6cd changer.

Offline Golfgirl

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 23
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2009, 02:05:56 pm »
I've got a Dension (I think) lead that plugs into the back of the dash mounted cd changer and goes into the glove box.  I can skip through tracks but not change albums or playlists, and it doesn't charge the iPod either.  I have to select my playlist before plugging it in too.  If I want to change albums/playlists I have to unplug it and do it on the iPod then plug it back in again. Pretty basic but it's good enough for me.  When I bought the car I didn't have an iPod so didn't spec it, but will in my next car if I buy brand new again.

FOR SALE!