Make a donation

Author Topic: Leather centre console/armrest  (Read 1764 times)

Offline Ozzy82

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Leather centre console/armrest
« on: August 18, 2015, 09:56:20 am »
I am new to the forum so apologies if this topic has been covered elsewhere  :smiley:

Have just bought a MK5 TDi with full leather (and heated front seats - AMAZING!  :grin:) However it doesnt have a centre armrest or climate control. WHere would i go for a proper leather console/armrest and how i would i go about fitting it? I have seen a few sites which have talked about routing the vents to the back etc etc  :confused:

HELP PLEASE!

Offline shaunnorris7

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 16
  • 2008 GT TDI
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,93860.0.html
Re: Leather centre console/armrest
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2015, 12:06:00 pm »
Sounds the same as my TDI. I really want one too but they are hard to come by in good condition.

You would need the leather rest, the larger part which is beneath it, the back part (most for sale do not have this part attached for some reason) then the part which would join it up to the gear knob section.

I currently have the two cup holders running down the middle but I believe this gets replaced with the sliding cover compartment.

Good luck in finding one complete. Most I've found at a breakers are a right state!!

Offline Ozzy82

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2015, 12:44:16 pm »
Sounds the same as my TDI. I really want one too but they are hard to come by in good condition.

You would need the leather rest, the larger part which is beneath it, the back part (most for sale do not have this part attached for some reason) then the part which would join it up to the gear knob section.

I currently have the two cup holders running down the middle but I believe this gets replaced with the sliding cover compartment.

Good luck in finding one complete. Most I've found at a breakers are a right state!!
Yeh it does sound the same, i have the 2 cup holders and a little deep-cut section behind the handbrake - boring or what!

I havent tried the breakers yards yet, still browsing round fleabay and local pages. found this one so far: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Golf-Mk5-Jetta-Armrest-Anthracite-Storage-Compartment-Air-duct-Pipe-Complete-/121732611077?hash=item1c57d43c05

Is it easy to install then? and does yours have climate, cos mine doesnt so the ducts/vents issue is confusing me  :scared: :confused:

Offline shaunnorris7

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 16
  • 2008 GT TDI
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,93860.0.html
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2015, 01:11:03 pm »
Not sure on installation but I'd think both front seats would have to come out.

As far as I'm aware the ducts run through to supply the new vents in the back of the arm rest.

After some reading it sounds like some people do not even bother fitting these.

I do not have climate but I do not think it matters in regards to running the ducts.

Offline Ozzy82

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2015, 04:08:42 pm »
Really? I'm trying to search this forum for instructions but can't find anything stating the seats would need to come out? Anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk