Make a donation

Author Topic: Clay Bar  (Read 1725 times)

Offline Johnny_tro

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 12
Clay Bar
« on: August 25, 2015, 09:00:29 pm »
Quickie.............

1. Is it really BAD to clay to car in the pooring rain? lol with additional lube of course

2. Best way to rid the after marks of CB? snow foamed the car and did another two buckets but still got some CB marks left?
'VANDALISED' MK5 GT :( - RNS510 H, Bluetooth Armrest, MDI, 50gb hard drive, I can't park  sensors, Cruise Control, Highline Display, MFSW, Heated Seats, Remote Aux Heating System (Heats and Vents) Winter Pack, Heated & Folding Mirrors, Puddle Lights, Xenons, Headlamp Washers, Heated Washers, Auto lights and wipers, LED's, GTI brakes,, black R32 roof lining, Scirocco Rear View, Rear Footwell Lights

dansmith180

Re: Clay Bar
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 09:33:19 pm »
I clayed an Aston martin V12 vantage S in the pissing rain on Monday and it didn't break it so I'd say it was fine  :laugh:

If you have leftover marks its probably light marring so they'll need to be polished out. They shouldn't take much though just a light going over.

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2015, 09:49:33 pm »
I thought so........took advange of the rain :) Natures lube lol was a big help

When finished I did snow foam and two buckets but no joy. Prep'in for a correction. Very happy with the results, the Bilt Hamber clay bar had great results.

Downside - just realised how f**ked my painwork is and how many stone chips I have :( :(
'VANDALISED' MK5 GT :( - RNS510 H, Bluetooth Armrest, MDI, 50gb hard drive, I can't park  sensors, Cruise Control, Highline Display, MFSW, Heated Seats, Remote Aux Heating System (Heats and Vents) Winter Pack, Heated & Folding Mirrors, Puddle Lights, Xenons, Headlamp Washers, Heated Washers, Auto lights and wipers, LED's, GTI brakes,, black R32 roof lining, Scirocco Rear View, Rear Footwell Lights

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2015, 09:51:04 pm »
Ohh and pretty much use a 1L tub of Iron X  :surprised: