Make a donation

Author Topic: Mk5 - Laser Blue  (Read 44410 times)

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
Re: Mk5 - Laser Blue
« Reply #165 on: February 12, 2010, 04:52:35 pm »
It was the bearing which was broke on the car. The back collar was also jammed at the lower height so there was no way of moving that. So the front was stuck high and the rear low! The garage spent three hours trying to fix them and ended up putting the standard back on. So £1100 later and I still  have standard suspension!  :stupid:

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #166 on: February 12, 2010, 09:33:36 pm »
So are you getting a full refund plus the cost of getting a garage to sort it out.  :chicken: thats really bad luck.  :booty:

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #167 on: February 12, 2010, 10:00:45 pm »
So are you getting a full refund plus the cost of getting a garage to sort it out.  :chicken: thats really bad luck.  :booty:

Unsure yet. If it is proven as a manufacturing fault (Dont think two faulty in one set would be? And even if it was will they say it was  :chicken:) They will refund the cost if not thats it. I think its a case of money and toilet......

Im unsure what to do. I doubt I will get the money back for the garage  (£400) and if im honest I doubt I will get the cost back on the struts.
Wether to just leave it and just forget about the cost. Or spend a load more money to get them replaced and refitted.  :confused:
Not been the best outcome I must admit. :sad1:

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #168 on: February 12, 2010, 10:08:08 pm »
Did you buy them new.  :smiley:

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #169 on: February 12, 2010, 10:11:31 pm »
Did you buy them new.  :smiley:

Yep from venom motorsport. :happy2:

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #170 on: February 12, 2010, 10:27:15 pm »
Well then i dont understand what the problem is if a garage cant adjust them then they must be faulty.  :rolleye:

Also i think i am right in saying that Venom must give you your money back regardless, its there responsibility.  :happy2:

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #171 on: February 12, 2010, 10:32:24 pm »
Well then i dont understand what the problem is if a garage cant adjust them then they must be faulty.  :rolleye:

Also i think i am right in saying that Venom must give you your money back regardless, its there responsibility.  :happy2:

They were not fitted by a garage. They say they will give me my money back if they are tested positive for a manufacturing fault. If the faults were inflicted when being fitted they said they will do nothing.

Is this the distance selling act you are referring to? Will this still be able to be used even if they were damage during the fitting stage and they have been used? (for a week)
 :happy2:

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #172 on: February 12, 2010, 10:37:08 pm »

They were not fitted by a garage. They say they will give me my money back if they are tested positive for a manufacturing fault. If the faults were inflicted when being fitted they said they will do nothing.

Is this the distance selling act you are referring to? Will this still be able to be used even if they were damage during the fitting stage and they have been used? (for a week)

But how can you damage them beyond repair just on the fitting, and surely the garage would be able to tell whether this the case.  :smiley:

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #173 on: February 12, 2010, 10:42:58 pm »

But how can you damage them beyond repair just on the fitting, and surely the garage would be able to tell whether this the case.  :smiley:

Erm im not sure tbh. The adjusting collar has locked on the front passenger side and the rear passenger side. The garage didn't say anything like that they just said they tried adjusting it and they were looked solid (tried for 3 hours).

Ill have to see what they say. Preferably I would like to send them back and get a refund as I am saving for a new car.
I may phone them again to see what they say about the rear one aswell.  :happy2:

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #174 on: February 12, 2010, 10:49:33 pm »
All sounds very strange to me.  :chicken:

with your car escapades lately i am beginning to think you are turning in to Joes GTI.  :signLOL:

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #175 on: February 12, 2010, 10:53:17 pm »
All sounds very strange to me.  :chicken:

with your car escapades lately i am beginning to think you are turning in to Joes GTI.  :signLOL:

Its all very strange to me too! oh and slightly annoying.

How do you mean? What are the characteristics of JoesGTI?  :signLOL: :confused:

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #176 on: February 17, 2010, 08:54:04 pm »
I have been thinking about it recently and i have decided that I will not be going any further with this car. I will be returning it back to standard and selling it. In favor of a 1.4 tsi 140.  :party:
Somethings will make there way into the new one somethings will be sold.
The insurance will cost me around the same as the first year on the 1.6 (but I will have the 1years NCB)
So roll on June!  :pomppomp: :laugh:

Offline rdfcpete

• Thank You
  • -Given: 98
  • -Receive: 52
    • Email
« Reply #177 on: February 24, 2010, 01:18:51 pm »
Ollie,

Slightly random but were/are you happy with how the Audi splits sit on the Golf in terms of their stature?
Knowing you  :wink: I'd of thought you'd wanted them to sit a bit fatter/further out?

I'm thinking of getting the same rims and wanted to know if that offset wasn't perhaps the best, or were you happy with it?

Cheers pal. Be good to get your opinion.
Pete

RNS-E LED 2012 | Aux-In | AP Coilovers |  Hawk HPS Pads | Revo Stage 1+
Previous: OEM+ 2006 MK5 Golf GTI 2.0T FSI Steel Grey 3 Door

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #178 on: February 24, 2010, 07:37:15 pm »
I love the Audi Wheels in terms of design and size. You are right the offset is high and in the pics on the previous page they sit quite far in the arches. I placed 10mm spacers in there and they looked perfect.

I like to drive my car without worrying about going round a corner too hard or too fast. This is another reason I picked a sensible fitting wheel. I could have gone for a wide, low offset wheel but I couldn't be done with rubbing and other issues that come with them.

I am very happy with the wheels.  :happy2:

Offline rdfcpete

• Thank You
  • -Given: 98
  • -Receive: 52
    • Email
« Reply #179 on: February 25, 2010, 12:12:19 pm »
Perfect. 10mm is just the job then?
Mind firing some pics off to me with the spacers fitted fella?

Tbh I've no experience of spacers, what are the implications? Just fit straight to the hub then nothing else needed? I'll be running stock suspension FYI  :smiley:
Pete

RNS-E LED 2012 | Aux-In | AP Coilovers |  Hawk HPS Pads | Revo Stage 1+
Previous: OEM+ 2006 MK5 Golf GTI 2.0T FSI Steel Grey 3 Door