Offline Tomble22

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 0
Hello
« on: October 07, 2015, 09:37:11 am »
Hi all,

Just thought I’d introduce myself as I’ve just purchased a MK5 Golf GTI. I bought a 2008 Clio 197 in June but to be honest, it’s been nowhere near the car I thought it would be, a real let down overall. I decided to take the hit and get rid before it depreciates any more!

It’s a 2005 plate in steel grey, standard spec all round and needs a bit of tidying hear and there but managed to get a bit off it so quite pleased.

It’s done 87,000 miles but has had a new clutch and flywheel last year and cambelt and water pump beginning of this year so that’s the big things out of the way. Drives really well too. Garage I’m buying it from are fitting 4 new tyres, service, cleaning up the headlights (fogged up) and provide a 6 month warranty and 12 months mot too.

Collecting it on Saturday and it’s booked in for a wheel refurb on Monday/Tuesday (gloss black powdercoat) and remap the following Saturday. Also getting a paintless dent removal firm to go round and remove a couple of pin dents next week.

Planning to get a milltek cat back by the end of the year and work on tidying up the car generally. Probably going to continue with the black theme but we’ll see.

Some pictures below! Will post some more once I’ve collected and cleaned it. Looking forward to Saturday.

This will be my 27th car, I've had a couple of Golfs before too:

Cheers for now!!

Tom
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 10:31:51 am by Tomble22 »

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2015, 12:48:38 pm »
Welcome to the forum Tom..gti looks in good nick for the year,get a build thread going in the members  section

Offline Monster_Mike

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 2
  • And so it begins.......
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2015, 02:58:48 pm »
Welcome to the forum mate.. I'm new too.. 27th car!?! Good going mate!!! Like the colour too..

Mike

Offline Tomble22

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2015, 03:38:08 pm »
Welcome to the forum Tom..gti looks in good nick for the year,get a build thread going in the members  section

Cheers Andy, will definetly start a thread once she's back from the wheel refurb, will probably only have her for a few hours Saturday but will be worth the (minor) wait!

Looking forward to start getting some bits and bobs done....my eBay watch list has expanded considerably in the last week!!

Offline hlcst

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 14
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2015, 03:38:28 pm »
Welcome bud, very nice purchase :happy2:

Offline Tomble22

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2015, 04:13:19 pm »
Welcome to the forum mate.. I'm new too.. 27th car!?! Good going mate!!! Like the colour too..

Mike

My wife thinks otherwise Mike!! Thanks for the welcome, nice to be back in a Golf actually (well, it will be!!). Test drive resulted in instant adoration so looking forward to the next months...even years!!

Have had a few cars in similar colours actually:

Current 197

Old Primera GT (One of the best cars I've owned)

Offline Wooosh

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 87
  • Factory ponies.
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2015, 12:42:59 am »
Welcome, so which company is mapping your car? Also great colour choice. :happy2:
Stage 2 MK5 GTI Revo GONE
Stage 1+ MK5 GTI R-Tech GONE
Stage 2 MK5 GTI Edition 30 GoAPR

Offline Tomble22

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2015, 06:42:31 am »
Welcome, so which company is mapping your car? Also great colour choice. :happy2:

Hi, Celtic Tuning are doing my remap, I'm only 20 mins away from their main office, they've got a dyno too which is helpful!

I love the colour too, can't wait to get It cleaned up!!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 11:23:15 am by Tomble22 »

Offline Tomble22

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2015, 09:54:06 pm »
Picked the GTI up on Saturday morning and then immediately drove it the wheel refurb place and dropped it off.

Picked it up today and the wheels looked fantastic, really happy with black gloss on the OEM Monza's.

Car wise, I'm absolutely chuffed with the purchase, everything feels tight and smooth to drive, nice bit of power (more after Saturday!!) and a real quality feel. :driver:

Booked in for Cambelt and water pump next week and then need to get a couple of dents sorted and them it's on to modding.

Will start a members car thread tomorrow when I get some pictures, it was dark by the time I got home today!!

Cheers for now!!  :smiley:

Offline Tomble22

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2015, 09:56:06 pm »
P.s. If you're in Cornwall and you need your wheels refurbishing, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Autoshine down in St Day, fantastic customer service and an amazing quality finish, can't believe how good they look!

http://www.alloywheelclinic.co.uk

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2015, 10:11:39 pm »
Good old cars then Nissan gt as my uncle had the pearlescent one that changed colour

Offline Tomble22

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2015, 11:35:42 am »
A sneaky picture I took this morning with the newly refurbished wheels on:

Will be washing her and taking more at the weekend, got some bits and bobs to fit too. Will set up a members car thread once I've got it all done. Getting quotes for the cambelt, water pump and need a new thermostat too so that'll be done next week and ordered a new battery as it seems like it's on its last legs!!

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2015, 12:43:34 pm »
Looks excellent