Make a donation

Author Topic: Pre remap questions..  (Read 9230 times)

Offline BigA91

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
Re: Pre remap questions..
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2015, 08:24:11 pm »
- eBay down pipe (direnza)
And a bcs cat back for a good flowing system.

- Cold air intake. Revo, evoms or itg. Revo seems to get most votes but it's the most expensive but does look good!
- rev G diverted valve
- r tech pcv delete
- 5/40 oil
- ngk plugs
- hpfp loba
- intercooler I havnt really looked into as I'm stage 2 but I'm sure niki and guys at r tech are looking to put a welly cooler kit together soon?
Otherwise I would speak to Alex at aks he seems to send a lot of intercooler slit the door! And always right money from Alex

Nice little shopping list for you ;) welcome to the slippery slope of modding/tuning a mk5

Lol £2k ish hopefully. Not to mention the £500 I spent on having bits and bobs painted on the car!

Haha there's people on here that have spent a lot more than that mate! And as above if manual budget for clutch!

No doubt there is lol as I've seen but being 24 with a mortgage on my head and the fact that I've never modified a car myself lol, it's probably going to be a little painful.

Offline BigA91

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2015, 08:26:37 pm »
Don't forget good tyres, good brakes and good suspension. What is power without control? :wink:

Think we've already blown the 2k budget  :grin:
How's the car mate? Finally enjoying it after all them mods?  :happy2:

Lol crazy guys!

Tbh, the problem that I have is, I don't mind throwing money at the ed but I have a issue where I keep getting bored quickly and getting rid. I've had two claims this year, both non fault and even if I fall in love with the car, eventually something happens which means I have to get rid (I.e either Wright off or I find something else).

Offline Mitch H

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 25
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95928.60.html
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2015, 11:19:45 pm »
Don't forget good tyres, good brakes and good suspension. What is power without control? :wink:

Lol crazy guys!

Tbh, the problem that I have is, I don't mind throwing money at the ed but I have a issue where I keep getting bored quickly and getting rid. I've had two claims this year, both non fault and even if I fall in love with the car, eventually something happens which means I have to get rid (I.e either Wright off or I find something else).

I don't think you will get bored of the ed they're so tunable you get used to the power you spend another 500£ and it's like another step up again.
And I'm 21 with a mortgage and I manage to mod ;) but I have my house rented atm. I'm moving in next year so will be no mods at all after that which is why I'm trying to get quite a few bits done on the ed30 over the winter and get it to where I want it. Did you say you had an Astra vxr before this? I had an astravan with full vxr interior and vxr front end ect :)

Offline Shoduchi

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 220
  • -Receive: 429
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2015, 12:00:46 am »

Yeah, loving it but I know it still very tamed. It needs the tune to unleash its potential. :party:

Offline BigA91

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2015, 02:55:11 pm »
Just paid the £90 deposit to rtech. Booked in for Thursday 10th December at 12:00 :driver:

Offline BigA91

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2015, 03:09:59 pm »
Has anyone tried these?

Offline BigA91

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2015, 03:25:24 pm »
My old vxr at flow dynamics rolling road getting a map tweak by SMtuning ..

The car had a very aggressive map. It's like the revs would fly to 7k really quick! It had a DREAMSCIENCE map on the car which are known to be very aggressive. Sean at SMtuning had a look over the map and added the ignition cut rev limiter lol.

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2015, 03:56:02 pm »

The car had a very aggressive map. It's like the revs would fly to 7k really quick! It had a DREAMSCIENCE map on the car which are known to be very aggressive. Sean at SMtuning had a look over the map and added the ignition cut rev limiter lol.
Mate of mine had a mapped VXR a while ago, sounded mental and went like s**t off a stick. He misses it even more after going out in my R-Tech Stage 1 GTI recently!

Loads more tuning potential to be had with the ed30 over a vxr though. You can get close to 400bhp on the k04 with the right mods.

Offline BigA91

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2015, 04:37:59 pm »

Mate of mine had a mapped VXR a while ago, sounded mental and went like s**t off a stick. He misses it even more after going out in my R-Tech Stage 1 GTI recently!

Loads more tuning potential to be had with the ed30 over a vxr though. You can get close to 400bhp on the k04 with the right mods.

Mine had 296 bhp with 340ft torque because as I said previously due to the aggressive map. It sounded wicked with the scoprion turbo back and pre cat delete. The VXR was a very aggressive car. I would describe it as a hardcore car, where as the ED30 feels like a BMW/MERC as its so refined. They both had similar engines and turbos, but the difference is day and night in the driving point of view.

Offline BigA91

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2015, 06:14:17 pm »
It's here  :jumpmove:

And has been placed here...

Where do you stick yours guys lol

Also, if the mods can move this to the members rides please and I will update if possible

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2015, 12:13:04 am »
Hi OP hope you don't mind me jacking your thread with a quick question to anyone who can help me?.
I have a gti tfsi dsg and have fitted a neuspeed P-flo pipe and Ramair filter on- problems I'm getting are high revving, fuel consumption and lack of power but thr thing sounds awesome.

Does the dsg or ecu need to be remapped for a filter to be fitted as ive gone back to the OEM airbox and all is well again  :confused:

Many thanks

M

Offline BigA91

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2015, 01:17:15 pm »
Hi OP hope you don't mind me jacking your thread with a quick question to anyone who can help me?.
I have a gti tfsi dsg and have fitted a neuspeed P-flo pipe and Ramair filter on- problems I'm getting are high revving, fuel consumption and lack of power but thr thing sounds awesome.

Does the dsg or ecu need to be remapped for a filter to be fitted as ive gone back to the OEM airbox and all is well again  :confused:

Many thanks

M

Im not sure if the standard maps are kind of confused as its getting in a % of extra air, but then again, I'm sure the Bosch management systems are clever which they can compensate?

I'm sure someone with a bit more knowledge will be on their way soon...

Just check the airflow sensor and all connections and just ensure you haven't disturbed any ther sensors.

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2015, 02:42:01 pm »

Many thanks

M

Im not sure if the standard maps are kind of confused as its getting in a % of extra air, but then again, I'm sure the Bosch management systems are clever which they can compensate?

I'm sure someone with a bit more knowledge will be on their way soon...

Just check the airflow sensor and all connections and just ensure you haven't disturbed any ther sensors.

Hi BigA, seriously I'm confused as nothing else was disturbed and it's fairly easy to replace the filter although a little tight where it fits the turbo.
MAF is fine all connections are fine. I think it's just way too much air flow is all I can think of. It's very loud too. even on gentle take offs. I've fitted the oem box back of and power shoots back to normal and he gears run smooth and faultless but when the filter is on that's when there are issues.

Maybe if I take the battery negative off for 30 minutes to reset the ecu might help as ive not tried that but maybe should have when the filter was on?.

Thanks again

M

Offline Shoduchi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 220
  • -Receive: 429
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2015, 04:34:35 pm »
AFAIK maybe the reading from the MAF aren't correct with that CAI. From Revo and the likes you'll be fine. Others I don't know. The ECU can compensate for the extra air available if the MAF readings are correct, if I'm seeing the problem right.

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2015, 05:05:49 pm »
AFAIK maybe the reading from the MAF aren't correct with that CAI. From Revo and the likes you'll be fine. Others I don't know. The ECU can compensate for the extra air available if the MAF readings are correct, if I'm seeing the problem right.
I wish I knew how else to describe the problem but that's the only way I know. Seems like way too much air going in and the ecu isn't compensating for this resulting in high revving then taking off slow and a poor response in gears.

Maybe it is in need of a remap but that'll be the first as ive never had this issue fitting a cai system before  :confused:

Thanks

M