Make a donation

Author Topic: Calling all DSG owners I need Advise please.  (Read 3110 times)

Offline r5gtt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
Calling all DSG owners I need Advise please.
« on: November 28, 2015, 08:42:45 pm »
Fitted two different types of cone filter to my 2.0 gti dsg and one seems to work better than the other but both giving lack of power with high revving.

Someone must be able to help me out here as ive never had this type of issue fitting a filter kit on?.
Nothing wrong with my MAF as the oem box is perfect and runs perfect with it on but soon as I replace with the pipe and filter is where I get the problem.

Thanks

M

Offline CarlW

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 23
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,92229.msg927100.html#msg927100
Re: Calling all DSG owners I need Advise please.
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2015, 12:55:28 am »
This may be of help to you as i have recently been looking into intakes and came across a thread that might have some useful info for you that could be worth trying?...

You may be best going back to the original Nuespeed Filter that comes with their CAI as i have jus tread a thread saying someone had a similar issue to you when he swapped his to the ramair filter on his Nuespeed  CAI but once he returned the Nuespeed filter back on, it was fine...

If thats the case, i don't know what made the difference but its kind of confusing if many others on here have bought the ram air CAI kit and their car runs perfectly okay? Unless one CAI somehow doesn't like another brands CAI filter?... Maybe someone else can comment further on this?

I just thought i'd add some depth to what I said above..

Notice "Biffobears" comment below - reply no.9.. Seems to of had the exact same problem no?..

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,76531.msg804595.html#msg804595

Maybe it could be something to do with airflow? demand of air? i don't know but the fact he used a bigger filter on his intake and then his car has lost power seems odd no?.. It may be something completely different but I'm here to give my 10p worth :happy2: Have you tried looking at VCDS logs to see if they show anything negative?

Hope you get it solved soon :happy2:
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 01:09:48 am by CarlW »

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2015, 02:43:27 pm »
Thanks for the link CarlW, Been hoping someone will reply and answer my question.

I'm a little confused as to why the Ramair kit would work fine with 90mm silicon hoses but a 70mm pipe doesn't work :confused:

M

Offline CarlW

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,92229.msg927100.html#msg927100
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2015, 03:19:59 pm »
What had actually happened with the intake situation as I'm not sure i'm understanding correctly as your image above shows the nuespeed p-flow kit with the ramair filter? If that is correct, does your issue fix itself when you change the filter back to the original one you had on before hand or have you changed the whole intake piping as well?

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2015, 03:48:53 pm »
Right, what I've done was taken off the OEM cover, you know the huge fsi stamped on it and fitted the Neuspeed pipe and Ramair filter on. This car was bog standard before I fitting these two parts on.
When I turn the engine on and put it into drive, I put my foot on the gas peddle and whether I gently press or floor it down I get high revs like clutch slipping before the car moves off. The more gas the higher the revs.
The issue fixes itself back when I put the OEM box back on so I'm clueless as to whats going on.

When the OEM box is on the car moves off quickly but when the filter kit is on it takes time to move off like loss of power.

The Neuspeed was bought off a member so no filter was sold to me which is why I bought the Ramair filter thinking wow its huge and will look good in the engine bay but it's sucking like mad and sounds greay but lacking the power delivery instantly.

Thanks

M

« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 04:17:33 pm by r5gtt »

Offline CarlW

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2015, 04:42:38 pm »
Get some VCDS logs to see if any there are any negatives that show up so people who are more knowledgeable can pinpoint something but if I was you i think i'd go to Awesome GTi or AKS or similar who deal with these engines on a regular basis.

It depends on where you are based but I'm sure forum guys will help you find a knowledgable TFSI mechanic in your area. That way you can get it resolved quickly and confidently.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 04:44:49 pm by CarlW »

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2015, 04:51:47 pm »
I'm based in central London.

I'll go find the maf under 08 engine I'm vcds and see what I find.

Thanks

M
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 04:55:55 pm by r5gtt »

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2015, 12:29:36 am »
Okay went and did a log this evening with the Neuspeed P-flow filter and Ramair filter but not sure if I've got the correct blocks. Here's what I got and does this mean anything to anyone of the know?.

Thanks

M

« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 12:31:28 am by r5gtt »

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2015, 05:47:36 pm »
Anyone   :sad1:

Are my MAF readings correct?.

Offline James Sheaff

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2015, 05:22:56 pm »
Did you find the answer to this as its putting me off buying an aftermarket intake for mine.

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2015, 05:58:40 pm »
No one seems to know or want to give me their thoughts on the readings I've got on vcds so I've asked another forum who say I'm only pushing out around 170ish bhp so the maf must be duff or I have a leak somewhere. like wt* I'm not that :stupid: as it's a straight bolt on item but as this is my first golf DSG it might not like the filter of this kind. My OEM one is perfect and gives full drivability and kicks when it should without guzzling my fuel down but this pipe and filter gosh it's doing my head in.

It's a wonder why there are so many gti members selling their filter kits after a week  :signLOL:

Carlw above is saying try original Neuspeed P-flow filter with the pipe which I don't have so reverting back to oem.
Shame I didn't have one of those cheap £10 jobbies to try out as I'm thinking this filter is sucking too much for the map to handle. Bet it's that haha

One member on another thread says it will cause problems as I'm not mapped or get the complete Ramair filter kit which I'm not prepared to do as it's more money down the drain if things don't work out.

On that note I'm reverting back to OEM which I didn't want as I like the look of it in the engine bay but I've never had this much trouble with a filter kit before so off with its head.

M
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 06:06:29 pm by r5gtt »

Offline dazza

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 190
  • Coding Boffin
    • Email
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=ealfujjtk0h2q6nckjl04u2me4&/topic,90967.msg917089.html#msg917089
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2015, 06:26:19 pm »
I think most people get rid of them due to the noise.

I got rid of my revo intake due to the noise and the wife constantly moaning about it. I did not notice any difference in power.

05 | Tornado Red | DSG

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2015, 06:50:25 pm »
I'm not sure that's the case with everyone tbh as no one's going to be honest when trying to sell the filter kit?.
I maybe wrong but that's what I think.

Biffobears had the same issue as I have so not sure what else to think.

M