Make a donation

Author Topic: Help! Cold start issue  (Read 6421 times)

Offline Beej

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 23
    • Email
Re: Help! Cold start issue
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2016, 09:51:18 am »
did you ever cure this? I have been having similar symptoms since i bought the car 18 months ago, replacing parts as i go, iridium plugs, coil packs, cam follower (twice now) battery, pcv, fuel filter, and most recently, rfd and inlet clean (mapping changed to suit), and all this has done has made the starting more problematic! does anyone know what blocks i can monitor on vcds on the lpfp as i'm swaying towards that getting lazy, as once the car has started in the morning, it will start perfectly every time, unless sat for 8+hours.

Offline ameet

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2016, 10:32:13 am »
Just a thought, try starting without the Maf sensor unplugged?

Offline Beej

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2016, 10:33:12 am »
Just a thought, try starting without the Maf sensor unplugged?

do you mean starting with the maf unplugged?

Offline Beej

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2016, 10:36:49 am »
my thoughts as to why i'm thinking it the lpfp is because if there is a leaking check valve in the intank pump, then that would be leaking fuel pressure from the lines back into the tank, which then in turn is taking longer for the pump to build pressure.

Once the car has been started first in the morning and ran for at least a few mins, it will start perfectly every time until it sat without running for 8+ hours.

The lpfp does prime when opening the door, so i know it is still working, just not sure how well

Offline JUNNYAK47

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2016, 10:59:45 am »
No,  didnt get it sorted.  Iv changed everything and had VCDS plugged in. no stored codes.   only thing I havnt checked is the lpfp.  How do you know if this is priming as I dont here anything when I open my door
Red Edition 30 - Stage 1+, APR Remap, Catback Milltek, ITG maxogen induction, APR HPFP,

Offline Beej

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2016, 06:43:24 pm »
It only primes for about a second or two. When you open the drivers door, put your head as low as the floor line and inline with the back seats as the lpfp is under the back seat, you should hear it prime as soon as the drivers door is opened