Make a donation

Author Topic: big stu's gti  (Read 27035 times)

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
Re: big stu's gti
« Reply #60 on: February 15, 2010, 05:55:38 pm »
^^ I believe it is RR. :happy2:

Offline Poverty

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #61 on: February 15, 2010, 06:51:04 pm »

swapped the reverse reflector from old lights, decided a fog light wasnt that important!  :signLOL:

....Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but I think you are legally obliged to have a rear foglight on cars under a certain age.

Personally I like and much prefer seeing 2 reversing lights but I think the MOT blue meanie might fail you for no rear fog. Also, still with my boring Captain Sensible hat on, insurance might get very wriggly in the event of some types of accident claim.

just like decats and people removing the crash bars from their rear bumper, all could potentially fail MOT and void insurance claims, but people still do it! Love it with those works wheels, I really want a set for my cupra, my mate has a set of 19's on his slammed s3  :love:

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: February 15, 2010, 06:57:37 pm »

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #63 on: February 15, 2010, 07:48:54 pm »

just like decats and people removing the crash bars from their rear bumper, all could potentially fail MOT and void insurance claims, but people still do it!

....People do all sorts of things, including stupid things. I think it's better that someone is aware of the risks and then acts as they will, rather than do something risky in ignorance.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline big_stu_86

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: February 15, 2010, 09:32:17 pm »

yeah ur right RR my rear fog may not pass an MOT along with my plate and some otha things on the car, but if it looks good n is safe then why not!!!

think you should lose that Boring Sensible Hat!!! :signLOL:

@ollie, cheers for the photoshop, right click save!! give me some inspiration to save for new wheels!! :happy2:

cheers for the comments guys! :laugh:

k04, intake, downpipe, kmd hpfp, app dv spacer, revo stage 3, ed 30 rear lights, coilovers custom 3" downpipe. to do - s3 ic, ed30 splitters and miltek catback.

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #65 on: February 15, 2010, 11:57:47 pm »

Thats what I meant mate, do what you want its not causing anyone any harm, just odd that people bring up the fogs to you yet say nothing about removing rear crash bars  :happy2:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #66 on: February 17, 2010, 11:53:05 am »

Thats what I meant mate, do what you want its not causing anyone any harm, just odd that people bring up the fogs to you yet say nothing about removing rear crash bars  :happy2:

....Are the rear crash bars removed on this car too?

Unfortunately you guys just don't get it. Without a rear foglight it greatly increases the risk of someone piling into your rear in thick fog. Potentially, someone, even you, may be caused considerable personal physical injury - So that's hardly "not causing anyone any harm". Such attitudes are at best, ignorant, and at worst, irresponsible and very immature.

Perhaps the only way you'll learn is the hard way. So be it. 

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Boaby Supper

« Reply #67 on: February 17, 2010, 12:21:50 pm »
Big stu.......why dont you put a red bulb in your "new" reverse light...........that way everyones happy??  :booty: :stupid:

personally i think it looks good m8! :drinking:

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #68 on: February 17, 2010, 04:50:30 pm »

....Are the rear crash bars removed on this car too?

Unfortunately you guys just don't get it. Without a rear foglight it greatly increases the risk of someone piling into your rear in thick fog. Potentially, someone, even you, may be caused considerable personal physical injury - So that's hardly "not causing anyone any harm". Such attitudes are at best, ignorant, and at worst, irresponsible and very immature.

Perhaps the only way you'll learn is the hard way. So be it. 

im with you on that robin. This has no reflection on the OP, just and observation of drivers around my area.

There are a helluva lot of drivers who use their front and rear fogs when its not foggy or clear conditions. That to me, its just plain stupid!

Then when it comes to "pea soup" time on the motorway and visibility is waaaaaaaay under 100m, hardly ANYONE has their fogs on!

what is with that?!!

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #69 on: February 17, 2010, 05:04:46 pm »
I hate the fog thing. The tiniest bit of mist and people put on their fogs and then leave them on for the rest of the morning despite the fact it's sunny.

Worse than fogs in light mist is full beams!

I think people need automatic foglights as they clearly have no idea when to use them.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #70 on: February 17, 2010, 05:05:56 pm »

I totally agree. What on earth happened to common sense?

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #71 on: February 17, 2010, 05:18:44 pm »

I hate the fog thing. The tiniest bit of mist and people put on their fogs and then leave them on for the rest of the morning despite the fact it's sunny.

Worse than fogs in light mist is full beams!

I think people need automatic foglights as they clearly have no idea when to use them.

....I agree, stealth. The local Police are currently stopping cars with fogs when it's not foggy. It's part of a campaign costing £800,000! But it also includes crackdowns on speed and mobile phone use and, of course, alcohol. I got stopped for my DRL's but they accepted my explanation and apologised profusely for holding me up as well as commenting how nice my car is.

Offline big_stu_86

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: February 17, 2010, 09:06:20 pm »

I totally agree. What on earth happened to common sense?

A do get what ur trying to say RR. but lets face it i have never used the fog light since i got the car as there was no need, n now that the summer is coming a dont think it will be needed for a while! to say this is an immature, irresponsible thing to do is a bit excessive. Lets face it every1 on this forum including yourself has broke the speed limit on the road at some point possibly causing some1 including yourself considerable physical injury,  so does that make every1 as irresponsible and immature as myself for changing my fog light. :wink:

perhaps the only way you'll learn is the hard way. so be it!  :P

each to thier own IMO!!!  :signLOL:  :signLOL: 

k04, intake, downpipe, kmd hpfp, app dv spacer, revo stage 3, ed 30 rear lights, coilovers custom 3" downpipe. to do - s3 ic, ed30 splitters and miltek catback.

Offline rubber toe

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 8
    • Email
« Reply #73 on: February 17, 2010, 10:34:57 pm »
i agree with the whole fog lights on when not foggy thing but to be honest i think the whole rear fog light missing has been blown out of proportion  :confused:

Imho opinion i dont think its a big deal as i've had my car a year now and i've had to use them twice , end of the day etto and i'm sure there are a lot of worse/more dangerous cars on the road than what is in effect a bulb that is very rarely used inop   :scared:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #74 on: February 17, 2010, 11:52:08 pm »
@ big stu,

No worries, mate, I'm just expressing my strong opinion about them and was pointing things out in case you weren't aware, albeit somewhat harshly in reaction to your(?) response.

In my neck of the woods there is high ground to cross whichever direction I leave home and the sea mist hangs about quite often. I don't miss not having my front fogs and never found them much help anyway but without a rear fog down here the odds are very much against you.