Make a donation

Author Topic: big stu's gti  (Read 27037 times)

Offline andrewparker

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
Re: big stu's gti
« Reply #75 on: February 18, 2010, 08:51:56 am »
I think the comparison to speeding is slightly flawed. I agree that in many circumstances it is irresponsible, but that fact is you can choose whether or not to speed, and base that decision on whether the conditions allow it. If you're saying that you won't use your car when it is foggy, then fine, but otherwise I think you're putting other people and yourself in danger for the sake of a failed aesthetic improvement. That and that it's illegal.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #76 on: February 18, 2010, 09:40:32 am »

I think the comparison to speeding is slightly flawed. I agree that in many circumstances it is irresponsible, but that fact is you can choose whether or not to speed, and base that decision on whether the conditions allow it. If you're saying that you won't use your car when it is foggy, then fine, but otherwise I think you're putting other people and yourself in danger for the sake of a failed aesthetic improvement. That and that it's illegal.

....My turn to agree with you, Andrew. I think it's a flawed comparison too but you can only lead a horse to water and can't make him drink. Stealth bothered to post the formal text of the legislation and you and I have presented the principles and reasoning supported by others in agreement.

If it was me who had done this mod and then learnt from others here what its potential problems were, I'd say thanks guys, this site is a very valuable source of knowledge, and then change it to comply with the law.

No more to be said really. I'm afraid that to be very honest, a part of me wants these guys to get pulled by the Police for it or fail the MOT.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 09:42:30 am by RedRobin »

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Boaby Supper

« Reply #77 on: February 18, 2010, 09:54:54 am »
i agree with the masses that this convo has run its course and that it has been blown wayyy outa proportion.

as for getting pulled for having it, i suppose it helps when youve got a few friends in blue, eh BigStu??  :jumpmove:

imagine arguing on the internet, jeezo.     :signLOL:

Offline big_stu_86

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: February 18, 2010, 07:23:26 pm »

....My turn to agree with you, Andrew. I think it's a flawed comparison too but you can only lead a horse to water and can't make him drink. Stealth bothered to post the formal text of the legislation and you and I have presented the principles and reasoning supported by others in agreement.

If it was me who had done this mod and then learnt from others here what its potential problems were, I'd say thanks guys, this site is a very valuable source of knowledge, and then change it to comply with the law.

No more to be said really. I'm afraid that to be very honest, a part of me wants these guys to get pulled by the Police for it or fail the MOT.

i must say RR you make me laugh every time i read 1 of your aggresive, harsh, over exaggerated opinions about this  :booty:.
do you think that telling me that it is illegal will change my point of view, i obviousley do not require my fog light as much as u do. i told you i new the consequences of this and being a vw tech i also no that this is illegal. Every1 is entitled to their own point of view but there are better ways of expressing them. you said theres a part of you that hopes a fail an MOT or done by the police, i dont recall the police checking the operation of all my lights or checking cv boots or other road legal requirements when i got pulled over so i cant see that happening. n for an MOT, being a tech i will never fail 1 for this minor fog light issue as it is a quick change to do.  :P

yes your right this site is a very valuable source for information and very helpful!!!!
So if i tell you to slow down because you were doin 48 mph in 40 and may cause sum1 serious injury, would you slow down to comply with the law or carry on because its safe at the time.  :grin:

i think i have to disagree about the flawed comparison, as breaking the law is breaking the law simple as that. does that mean if the police catch you speeding you can explain that the conditions were perfect and it was safe to break the limit and they will accept this?

@ boaby supper, i totaly agree about how out of proportion this has got, think its the contrast between how younger and older people think and how they express their point of view nowa days !!!  :smiley:

All this bitching its like a womans forum!!! :signLOL: :signLOL: :signLOL: :signLOL:

« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 08:00:57 pm by big_stu_86 »
k04, intake, downpipe, kmd hpfp, app dv spacer, revo stage 3, ed 30 rear lights, coilovers custom 3" downpipe. to do - s3 ic, ed30 splitters and miltek catback.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #79 on: February 18, 2010, 08:14:02 pm »
^^^^

You're not doing yourself any favours, boy.

Just for the record, I adhere to the 20, 30, 40 limits rigidly and also 50's if they are roadworks or temporary limits.

I'll leave you to do whatever you want - It doesn't make any difference to me.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #80 on: February 18, 2010, 08:19:44 pm »
You're not doing yourself any favours, boy.

You understood that? I couldn't get past the spelling mistakes and lack of grammar...

Anyhow, I think this has ran it's course. It's obvious that should you ask for comments on an illegal modification you are quite likely to encounter some pretty strong opinions.

Offline big_stu_86

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #81 on: February 18, 2010, 08:33:40 pm »
if it doesnt make any difference to you why would you be so aggresive with your opinion!!!

you could simply of said im not keen on the fog light thing as its illegal!!

doesnt make a difference to me what speed you adhere to, none of my business!!!

spelling and grammar has never been my strong point i focus more on breaking the law with suttle mods to my car!!!! ha ha !!! :booty:

i hope we dont let this little debate come between us now guys!!!  :signLOL:

:drinking:

k04, intake, downpipe, kmd hpfp, app dv spacer, revo stage 3, ed 30 rear lights, coilovers custom 3" downpipe. to do - s3 ic, ed30 splitters and miltek catback.

Offline rubber toe

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 8
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: February 18, 2010, 08:36:06 pm »

You understood that? I couldn't get past the spelling mistakes and lack of grammar...

:congrats: :congrats: :congrats:
well done you can spell , where was the need for that comment ? :confused:

big man behind that keyboard  :happy2:

Offline big_stu_86

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #83 on: March 21, 2010, 04:23:24 pm »
eventually got some pics with the new brakes on and it nice n clean whilst the weather was good yesterday!!

it was this clean for about 10 mins!!  :signLOL:

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: March 21, 2010, 04:26:03 pm »
Looks great  :drool:

Offline T88OMM

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: March 21, 2010, 04:57:07 pm »
Really really really like it matey  :drool: :drool:
TT-RS Plus - S-Tronic

Offline Toast

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 3
  • Oot n By all the Keyboard Warriors
« Reply #86 on: March 21, 2010, 05:22:15 pm »
Looking good Stu  :happy2:
Editon 30, no-0472-, 1/4mile 13.6sec@Crail-Giac 348bhp,345lbsft,Milltek tbe,s3 Cooler,Helix single mass clutch kit,Eibach Coilovers,Bsh Cold Air Intake , Autotech HPFP,s3 brakes,Speedline Turini's,Xenons

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #87 on: March 22, 2010, 11:16:39 am »
The blue caillpers really go well with the Graphite blue.  :love:

Offline McKay88

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: March 25, 2010, 10:17:36 pm »
Cars looking deadly mate  :congrats:

Rubber Toe:- Was it ur bumper spoilers that me and carlo painted for u??
Sorry to go off stus gti  :signLOL:

Offline rubber toe

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 8
    • Email
« Reply #89 on: March 25, 2010, 10:40:24 pm »
aye bud 
carlo never mentioned he had help with the paint lol  :laugh:
a late thanks owed to you too then  :happy2: