Make a donation

Author Topic: Golf MK5 GTI DSG  (Read 3139 times)

Offline Boky

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Golf MK5 GTI DSG
« on: January 03, 2016, 04:07:43 pm »
Hello again from overseas :) sry for my english, speaking for me is easy, but writing is not, since i don't write often in english..

So i bought this mk5 GTI about 3 months ago.

It's stock candy white GTI with DSG, and 23 000 miles on the clock  :popcornsoda:

It has 18' stock wheels, lights package, rain sensor, xenon lights etc. i don't know what was optional extra, what was standard on a gti model.

For me the biggest problem is the basic RCD 300, without even the mp3. no aux, no mdi, no cd changer.

Here are a few pics when i bought it..

Since the car was a little bit over my budget..i had to improvize  :grin: i removed the resonator for
 a few €, and the result is amazing. it will be enough for when i will have the money to buy turbo-back milltek one day :)

The previous owner did not have any winter tyres, since the car was never driven in the winter, i was forced to buy some wheels and new winter tyres..
on my previous car i had MSW by OZ wheels for 6 years, and i was very satisfied with the quality for the price..so i bought this.
there were a few better looking models, but because the MOT was due, i had to buy something fast..

winter setup..

a few ebay stuff..

the car had the smoker packeg, with lighter and ashtray..since i am a smoker, but i will never smoke in a car, i put this in stead..never enough space for things :)

full led set, for everthing in the interior and licence plate..

So i started to retrofit things i was used to with my previous car..

first was the PDC with OPS, and Cruise control, alarm system..
i don't have many pictures, so just this  :smiley:

as of today, i am just driving and enjoying the car and saving money for the RNS 510, because i can't believe that a car from 2007, top spec model, has no mp3 and nothing as standard  :signLOL:

also, i can't stand that black rear bumper, even if my friends are telling me to keep it stock..i decided to paint the rear bumper ( not the lowest section), and the front splitter..but i am in doubt should i paint the side skirts or not.. :stupid:

so hope you like it :)

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
Re: Golf MK5 GTI DSG
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2016, 05:42:47 pm »
Love these in white,your looks a well spec one as well with some nice mods you have done.For of the back bumper and side skirts need colour coding.
Instead of the rns510 have you considered this
http://www.kenwood-electronics.co.uk/car/oem/vw/DNX525DAB/
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 05:46:30 pm by maxitrol »

Offline xjay1337

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 377
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,88399.0.html
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2016, 07:13:58 pm »
Nice!
Have it colour coded :)

Offline Boky

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2016, 07:29:14 pm »

Instead of the rns510 have you considered this
http://www.kenwood-electronics.co.uk/car/oem/vw/DNX525DAB/

only other option i have considered is dynavin, since it looks almost like OEM. i don't like aftermarket 2 din units, but i miss the fact that the rns 510 doesn't have built in bluetooth modul, and to retrofit it is another 400€..
i even gave thought about rns 310, since some of them have a BT built in, but they don't work with my red dot mfa..so you don't get any information up there only on the unit..

about side skrits..this i a combination i am considering..

but i am not sure what will be better..

every other golf mk5 here has everything painted, i would like to have something just a little bit different.. :pomppomp:

Offline Chris1H

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 2
    • Youtube Channel
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,103285.0.html
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2016, 10:05:49 pm »
nice motor!
MK6 GTI - 2011 - PEARL BLACK - 3 DOOR  - 18" MONZA SHADOWS  -  RNS510/DAB  -  ACC  - SUNROOF  -  WINTER PACK  - DYNAUDIO  -  VIENNA LEATHER  - PARKING SENSORS  - BLUETOOTH

Offline AndrewWillis

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2016, 10:32:48 pm »
I have a DNX525DAB and it is the best H/U I have tried. I had a RNS510 for a couple of months, and never got on with it. But this one has everything you need, all in one box! So easy to install too! Oh and you have a lovely looking motor too! Take care of her!
05, 3door Red GTI DSG, BCS Powervalve 200 Cell, DNX525DAB, Xenons, R-Tech 2+

Offline Boky

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2016, 11:29:32 pm »
I have a DNX525DAB and it is the best H/U I have tried.

does it work with red dot display, or does it offer full integration with mfa like an rns?

i will see the prices of the unit, here in croatia..u got me interested, since 2 people recommended the same device :D

Offline Chris1H

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 2
    • Youtube Channel
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,103285.0.html
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2016, 10:40:47 pm »
dunno about you but those key rings dont last five minutes!!!
MK6 GTI - 2011 - PEARL BLACK - 3 DOOR  - 18" MONZA SHADOWS  -  RNS510/DAB  -  ACC  - SUNROOF  -  WINTER PACK  - DYNAUDIO  -  VIENNA LEATHER  - PARKING SENSORS  - BLUETOOTH