Make a donation

Author Topic: New maps installing... Help please  (Read 1487 times)

Offline Fletch..gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
New maps installing... Help please
« on: January 21, 2016, 12:23:08 pm »
To be honest I don't know much about this at all so if someone could help please .
I have a rns510 B version so not to get battery drain . If I was to install the new maps say
V12 or v13 is it just a case of popping in the map DVDs and let it load , job done ?

Offline Pashka

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 33
    • Email
Re: New maps installing... Help please
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 01:22:35 pm »
To be honest I don't know much about this at all so if someone could help please .
I have a rns510 B version so not to get battery drain . If I was to install the new maps say
V12 or v13 is it just a case of popping in the map DVDs and let it load , job done ?
B v. doesn't mean you can't have battery drain issue, just your unit has the oldest software on it, should be 1xxx. To get latest maps working you need to update your software to 38xx and if your gateway is not compatible, you will get drain issue. For new maps you need more space in hdd, so it is solved with sw update, hdd gets more space for maps, less for music.
06 1.9 TDI Owner. Retrofits: Bixenons, Drls, Full GT/GTI exterior, RNS510+MDI+Premium Bluetooth+RVC+OPS, Full Fis, MFSW, Cruise control, TPMS, Polar Fis, Boot pop up and more.. :)
Coding, diagnostic and retrofits in Leeds
Pre coded Can Gateways for battery drain issues with RNS510 and similar headunits
Premium Bluetooth modules/kit
RNS510 Service - codes, maps/firmware updates
Latest V8 West EU maps update service for RNS315