Make a donation

Author Topic: Coilpack failure  (Read 1551 times)

Offline s27joh

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Coilpack failure
« on: January 26, 2016, 05:09:14 pm »
Hi guys,

Basically cut the story short, coil pack had failed and Burnt out on my car (mk5 golf Gti) it also burnt the connector to the coilpack. I've had the connector replaced by a garage using genuine parts from vw. The 20a f40 fuse had blown and since fixing I've replaced this. The car just turns over but doesn't start. Anyone had this problem? I've had it on the computer and there's no error codes.

Thanks.

Offline irish_ram

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 200
  • -Receive: 26
Re: Coilpack failure
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 06:50:45 pm »
Not had that problem but if the Coilpack has resulted in damage to your car you could check with VW if your coils were on a recall they did as may be able to claim the repair through them but not sure

Offline s27joh

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 07:23:41 pm »
Yeah I've been told they were a recall but for the sake of the price of a connector and coil packs I just thought it wouldn't be worth the chew in trying to get them to do something about it. Now obviously it won't start again it's a little more concerning. It was fine one minute then when I went to start it, it fired up and then was lumpy as hell and eventually cut out and just started smoking. Result was the coilpack burning. But something else must have happened whilst it's cut out not letting it start again.

Offline irish_ram

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 200
  • -Receive: 26
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2016, 07:25:24 pm »
Yeah I've been told they were a recall but for the sake of the price of a connector and coil packs I just thought it wouldn't be worth the chew in trying to get them to do something about it. Now obviously it won't start again it's a little more concerning. It was fine one minute then when I went to start it, it fired up and then was lumpy as hell and eventually cut out and just started smoking. Result was the coilpack burning. But something else must have happened whilst it's cut out not letting it start again.

Seems strange it brings up no fault codes

Offline s27joh

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2016, 07:31:10 pm »
Originally it did it brought a power error up to injectors, but cleared them and they not coming back. Yet it won't start