Make a donation

Author Topic: Stainless decat downpipe issue  (Read 6807 times)

Offline r5gtt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
Re: Stainless decat downpipe issue
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2016, 01:22:12 am »
I still think its a pricey piece of kit though  :scared: :scared:
I'd settle for the lovely milltek as I've used the brand before and can't complain about the lovely note of the non res :rolleye: :driver:

Offline samiul11

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2016, 09:17:09 am »
You need to hear how a powervalve sounds if you think milltek is lovely  :rolleye:

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2016, 10:50:18 am »
You need to hear how a powervalve sounds if you think milltek is lovely  :rolleye:
Not for that price brother  :rolleye: :laugh:

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2016, 12:06:56 pm »
Not for that price brother  :rolleye:
You're making it sound like Milltek are loads cheaper, when in reality there's not much in it.

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2016, 12:43:08 pm »
Not for that price brother  :rolleye:
You're making it sound like Milltek are loads cheaper, when in reality there's not much in it.
Price for the milltek which I used previously for another car would be best suit my budget and there's quite a lot in the pricing tbh. £860 turbo back which I think for a new system is very reasonable and if I found a used one then all the better. BCS  are well over priced IMHO and that's what I believe.

Not having a pop but fact is fact. those 1200-1500 prices should now be abolished as we're living in the 21st century where there are many other brands to chose from.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 03:08:14 pm by r5gtt »

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2016, 02:22:32 pm »
If you actually compare systems you'll see there's not much in it. A BCS with a simple de-cat pipe and basic cat back would also be around £850-900.

As for "1200-1500 prices" here's what an equivalent Milltek to the BCS I'm having fitted on Wednesday actually costs in the real world...

Oh, and guess what? I'm paying LESS than that for the BCS.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 02:31:14 pm by AJP »

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2016, 02:55:03 pm »
If you actually compare systems you'll see there's not much in it. A BCS with a simple de-cat pipe and basic cat back would also be around £850-900.

As for "1200-1500 prices" here's what an equivalent Milltek to the BCS I'm having fitted on Wednesday actually costs in the real world...

Less than what exactly?. oh and

« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 03:10:18 pm by r5gtt »

Offline Powervalve Nige

• Trader - 2014
  • Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 84
  • -Receive: 76
  • Don't get angry, get a beter argument
    • POWERVALVE
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2016, 03:32:21 pm »
Hey guys I'm sorry if I heated up this thread as it wasn't my intent and anyone who knows me knows that's not what I'm about. I should've kept it buttoned like I normally do.
I guess I just felt disappointed for the OP having to deal with something that he hadn't anticipated.
With regard to systems generally I'm really grateful for all of the support that the members on here give us and appreciate that we have no divine right to this market section and as such would never actually try and dissuade anyone from buying an alternative brand as all my customers will bear out - and that's with the full knowledge that the contrary does occur in respect to the practises of other companies who may try and steer potential customers away from us - as has been confirmed to me.
Suffice to say that all I ask is the time to share in real terms why I think our products deserve consideration, from anyone wishing to discuss their options on a direct basis.

You're all great guys with lets face it a great car  :congrats:

cheers
Nige

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2016, 04:06:14 pm »
It's just that some just think they've got a bigger engine  :signLOL:

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2016, 04:35:03 pm »

Less than £1323.54 - the price of the equivalent Milltek, shown clearly in the image.

And here's the equivalent BCS to the Milltek you've just posted up:

Not much difference, like I keep saying.

It seems Milltek are better priced for basic exhausts and BCS are better priced for higher-end exhausts.

It's certainly not the huge difference in price you're inferring. And I'll say it again, Milltek are MORE EXPENSIVE than BCS for a setup with a sport cat, R32 style, resonated.

You can ignore that all you want, but not only does it disprove your argument, it completely blows it out of the water.

It's a bit silly arguing over exhausts, but I won't be told I'm wrong and roll over if I'm right. It's a matter of principle.

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2016, 05:20:01 pm »

Less than £1323.54 - the price of the equivalent Milltek, shown clearly in the image.

And here's the equivalent BCS to the Milltek you've just posted up:

Not much difference, like I keep saying.

It seems Milltek are better priced for basic exhausts and BCS are better priced for higher-end exhausts.

It's certainly not the huge difference in price you're inferring. And I'll say it again, Milltek are MORE EXPENSIVE than BCS for a setup with a sport cat, R32 style, resonated.

You can ignore that all you want, but not only does it disprove your argument, it completely blows it out of the water.

It's a bit silly arguing over exhausts, but I won't be told I'm wrong and roll over if I'm right. It's a matter of principle.
The only person that seems to be arguing is you as imerely pointing out that bcs powervalve systems are way too expensive.
I dont see anywhere on the powervalve site where they state £850 to 900.
Maybe some of us don't want a sports cat due to restrictions on flow or is that something you're not bothered about?.

For me I prefer a milltek as it's a good price and for what it is I'd be happy with it where as you prefer a bcs set up as "Nige no offence buddy" giving you a huge discount as it's already priced way too high in the first place or how would anyone get such a huge discount. As I said it's probably a great piece of kit but when seeing such a high price on the website that's overly priced IMHO and then such a huge reduction is given I'd say that's the whole reason to put a mega price on it and make buyers think wow what a reduction in price I'll have one for the golf.

Not a rant but MHO

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2016, 05:23:33 pm »
You stick to what you know then pal, sounds like you've got it all sussed out

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2016, 05:31:02 pm »
You stick to what you know then pal, sounds like you've got it all sussed out
  :smiley:

Offline Powervalve Nige

• Trader - 2014
  • Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 84
  • -Receive: 76
  • Don't get angry, get a beter argument
    • POWERVALVE
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2016, 06:03:08 pm »
No right or wrong answers here - but I like to think of it like this...
Our best selling system is the full 3.0" turbo back Powervalve variable tone boost actuated system featuring the ALL stainless steel construction downpipe and oversized 200 cell Motorsport cat with a Euro 5 (...yes Euro 5 40 grm precious metal wash coat).
Price to forum members here is £1482.05 inc VAT

The technology employed is proprietary and gives the owner the benefit effectively of having two systems in one when compared to our equivalent full time non Powervalve 3.0" system which sells for £1084.05 (...for reference terms this is the system that has to be compared to other brands as it employs the same functionality - albeit different to the layout of other brands).

For us it's not about being over or underpriced it's about choice which we are well known for, and furthermore having the flexibility to sub divide our systems into Prestige and Sports variants, and even further - full customisation of the front silencer.
Now, as we all know anything produced on a scale of a single unit such as the Powervalve has a greater unit cost of production over a volume manufactured product, hence the product does carry a premium. However, something that is often overlooked is the fact that as with any premium product there is generally higher value retention should the need ever come to sell on the product when an owner determines it is no longer required.
We loosely call the difference between the cost of purchase and the cost of resale - the 'hire fee' for owning one of our systems. Generally there will be a high demand and therefore a decent return at this point.
The wonderful thing about a free market is that we all have the right to choice, and as long as we are satisfied that we have made the right choice for us then all's well that ends well.
The only maxim really is do your research - work out your budget and go for it.
...but remember buyer's remorse is a terrible and lonely emotion.  :happy2:

Offline bluebert92

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 26
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,100025.msg982250.html#msg982250
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2016, 06:20:54 pm »
^^ I think anyone who has experienced a BCS has nothing bad to say about the experience and continuing experience! lets be honest here - no one needs a stainless sports exhaust but its more of a want, and what we want is to have the best that is reasonably practical within our budget for some it will be Scorpion and others it was be a full whack Custom exhaust but at the end of the day a forum is a great place to hear opinions and mini reviews on something you may not be familiar with! To say one item is overpriced other another completely different item is unreasonable - You can't compare a chocolate hobnob to a rich tea, Both biscuits but really there is no contest.

:drinking: