Make a donation

Author Topic: BCS / Powervalve  (Read 7919 times)

Offline Adam0604

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 34
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,97534.0.html
Re: BCS / Powervalve
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2016, 01:28:16 pm »
As above you will love it, and you will need to try hard not to roll over the loud pedal every two seconds once you've heard it!

I do this already because of the induction kit noises  :signLOL:

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 685
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2016, 10:07:15 am »
I'm awake...  :grin:

Ah never mind. I've decided to spend out on new wheels and tyres instead.

Will be in touch in the summer though!
You'll be very happy mate. I did LOADS of research on it, watched all the videos, studied the before and after dyno graphs, and I made my mind up to just do it. I couldn't find a reason not to, and I'm the type that deliberates for months over pros and cons when it comes to mods. I couldn't find a reason not to.

I had expectations, and it's blown them out of the water. It's unbelievable. Looks, sound, performance. It's special. There's no other word for it.

And dealing with Nige and the team is an experience in itself. He looks after you. He's so switched on and he's got a damn good team behind him.

Have you got the full turbo back system? And this powervalve thing just bypasses a silencer under load for more noise like the R32 yeah?  I'm like you, I need a lot of convincing and research because I'm not unhappy with the OEM exhaust, I just want to reduce EGTs to allow a bit more boost and timing.
Yeah, full turbo back Powervalve mate. 200 cell oversize cat. Proven power gains. 3" all the way.

My normal Sports Powervalve is a little louder than oem off boost, but with a much deeper note and some nice crackles and burps on the overrun. All very subtle. On boost it's full on group b rally. It scares pedestrians.

I'd suggest the Prestige Powervalve. Same as mine but with a bigger front silencer. In fact Nige could make a system as loud or quiet as you want.

Great exhausts.

3" as in the bore of the system end-to-end, or just the DP?  After I've got the chassis feeling fit again I will look into this.  Prestige sound more my kind of thing and I'd probably opt out of the powervalve too!  Not really my thing  :smiley: 

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=o7cqr81q6737110kk1auafn6td&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2016, 10:12:25 am »
BCS are 3" from the turbo flange to the bit where it splits for the twin GTI pipes

Offline Shoduchi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 220
  • -Receive: 429
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2016, 10:26:06 am »
I'm awake...  :grin:

Ah never mind. I've decided to spend out on new wheels and tyres instead.

Will be in touch in the summer though!
You'll be very happy mate. I did LOADS of research on it, watched all the videos, studied the before and after dyno graphs, and I made my mind up to just do it. I couldn't find a reason not to, and I'm the type that deliberates for months over pros and cons when it comes to mods. I couldn't find a reason not to.

I had expectations, and it's blown them out of the water. It's unbelievable. Looks, sound, performance. It's special. There's no other word for it.

And dealing with Nige and the team is an experience in itself. He looks after you. He's so switched on and he's got a damn good team behind him.

Have you got the full turbo back system? And this powervalve thing just bypasses a silencer under load for more noise like the R32 yeah?  I'm like you, I need a lot of convincing and research because I'm not unhappy with the OEM exhaust, I just want to reduce EGTs to allow a bit more boost and timing.
Yeah, full turbo back Powervalve mate. 200 cell oversize cat. Proven power gains. 3" all the way.

My normal Sports Powervalve is a little louder than oem off boost, but with a much deeper note and some nice crackles and burps on the overrun. All very subtle. On boost it's full on group b rally. It scares pedestrians.

I'd suggest the Prestige Powervalve. Same as mine but with a bigger front silencer. In fact Nige could make a system as loud or quiet as you want.

Great exhausts.

3" as in the bore of the system end-to-end, or just the DP?  After I've got the chassis feeling fit again I will look into this.  Prestige sound more my kind of thing and I'd probably opt out of the powervalve too!  Not really my thing  :smiley:
BCS are 3'' all the way, like rich83 explained.

I don't know how the sound of the Sports Prestige full system with cat compares with the Powervalve Prestige full system with cat. I can only vouch for the addictive sound that the Powervalve system gives.  :evilgrin: Off boost the system is pretty quiet which is nice for me too. :smiley:

Offline Powervalve Nige

• Trader - 2014
  • Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 84
  • -Receive: 76
  • Don't get angry, get a beter argument
    • POWERVALVE
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2016, 12:12:34 pm »
Everyone's different - we're like Burgerking... you can have it your way  :happy2:

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2016, 03:02:21 pm »
Everyone's different - we're like Burgerking... you can have it your way  :happy2:
And those special oversize cats you build are real whoppers..

Sorry, that was terrible. But I couldn't resist

Offline Powervalve Nige

• Trader - 2014
  • Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 84
  • -Receive: 76
  • Don't get angry, get a beter argument
    • POWERVALVE
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2016, 10:22:58 am »
Yeah - the 140mm dia one that we are developing for the 90mm version we'll call the double whopper  :jumpmove:

Offline Adam0604

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 34
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,97534.0.html
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2016, 01:38:28 pm »
Yeah - the 140mm dia one that we are developing for the 90mm version we'll call the double whopper  :jumpmove:

140mm you say  :evilgrin:
When will this be ready

Offline AJG09

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 21
  • My Ride: 2005 mk5 golf 1.6 FSI
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2016, 02:15:53 pm »
Really hope this isnt a daft question but what benefits would you get from having an oversized cat?

Genuinly do not know this  :smiley:

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2016, 03:16:55 pm »
Really hope this isnt a daft question but what benefits would you get from having an oversized cat?

It maintains flow and keeps it on level terms with a decat.

With a 'normal' size sport cat (I won't name other exhaust manufacturers, but you know them) you may lose flow in comparison to a decat pipe, simply due to design restrictions.

By increasing the size you get around this problem.

Plenty of us don't want the potential hassle of a decat pipe at MOT time, so it's really good that the Powervalve cats are a worthy option in terms of performance potential.

If you get the chance to look at any dyno graphs of cars with Powervalve sports cats you'll see just how well they flow. The curves are incredible, especially with a bit of R-Tech magic.

Offline AJG09

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 21
  • My Ride: 2005 mk5 golf 1.6 FSI
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2016, 10:40:15 pm »

It maintains flow and keeps it on level terms with a decat.

With a 'normal' size sport cat (I won't name other exhaust manufacturers, but you know them) you may lose flow in comparison to a decat pipe, simply due to design restrictions.

By increasing the size you get around this problem.

Plenty of us don't want the potential hassle of a decat pipe at MOT time, so it's really good that the Powervalve cats are a worthy option in terms of performance potential.

If you get the chance to look at any dyno graphs of cars with Powervalve sports cats you'll see just how well they flow. The curves are incredible, especially with a bit of R-Tech magic.

Thankyou mate, makes sence  now  :smiley: