Make a donation

Author Topic: Need advice ASAP!! Oil pressure !!!!  (Read 1877 times)

Offline Markis236

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
  • If in dout boost it out !
    • Email
  • My Ride: Mk5 golf gti (ko3) mods. Audi s3 8p intercooler,psi tuning 2.5' throttle pipe,updated diverted valve,revo oil catch can
Need advice ASAP!! Oil pressure !!!!
« on: February 16, 2016, 07:09:05 pm »
Right so I'm driving down the motorway and all of a sudden the oil can light flashes and a big STOP ENGINE come on in my centre console !!! It say LOW OIL PRESSURE !! raging but when I stop the car and turn it off for 5 mins and restart the car there is no warning light ? Does this mean my oil pump is on its way out ? Or is this the start of something my series ? If it is the pimp how mitch for a genuine VW one and any how to guids on changing it ? And help would be greatly appreciated and I don't want my baby to starve of oil and well seize lol !  :fighting:

Offline r5gtt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
Re: Need advice ASAP!! Oil pressure !!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 07:11:56 pm »
Oil stainer blocked and needs renuing/cleaning.

ps I wouldn't risk driving it as you could seize the engine.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 07:24:13 pm by r5gtt »

Offline doylebros

• Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 309
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 07:17:32 pm »
Bit extra info if it's the above - shame the images are deleted.

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,68442.0.html

Offline lukemk5gti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 118
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,89715.msg907250.html#msg907250
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2016, 08:33:15 am »
Right so I'm driving down the motorway and all of a sudden the oil can light flashes and a big STOP ENGINE come on in my centre console !!! It say LOW OIL PRESSURE !! raging but when I stop the car and turn it off for 5 mins and restart the car there is no warning light ? Does this mean my oil pump is on its way out ? Or is this the start of something my series ? If it is the pimp how mitch for a genuine VW one and any how to guids on changing it ? And help would be greatly appreciated and I don't want my baby to starve of oil and well seize lol !  :fighting:

Make a cup of tea and have a read - http://blog.micksgarage.com/golf-gti-oil-strainer-cleaning/

Offline Dan_FR

• Thank You
  • -Given: 132
  • -Receive: 189
  • wait...what?
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2016, 09:28:43 am »
It could well be the oil pump - seen a few failures lately. Very expensive part new.

Do not drive the car until you get it sorted
TFSI... Revo Stage 2+... . WMI.... VCDS HEX + CAN, MPPS, VAG Commander & VAG tacho - South Wales

Offline Markis236

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
  • If in dout boost it out !
    • Email
  • My Ride: Mk5 golf gti (ko3) mods. Audi s3 8p intercooler,psi tuning 2.5' throttle pipe,updated diverted valve,revo oil catch can
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2016, 12:52:46 pm »
Don't worry parts are ordered full kilt was £45 witch wasn't so bad for main dealer so just have to do with out a car for a couple of days :( but symptoms or the exact same as the link witch fingers crossed is just the oil pick up

Offline Kieran1990gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2016, 06:02:24 pm »
I had the same issue was oil pick up pipe. The person who had  changed it before me put to much liquid gasket when putting it back on blocking the gozz