Make a donation

Author Topic: Parrot CK3100 installation  (Read 4577 times)

Offline Lyons

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 26
    • Email
Parrot CK3100 installation
« on: January 07, 2010, 03:46:16 pm »
I plan to fit a CK3100 within the next week. However, i fitted one to my wifes Mk5 Match a couple of years ago and can remember it was far from straightforward.

Can anyone tell me what wires need swapped? I recall swapping the red and orange wires somewhere, maybe the ones with the in-line fuse holders, or am i making that up?

Also, where will i find a switched live? Again i vaguely remember something about a blue/white wire in the heating matrix, but again its been 2 years since i did it so im not 100%!

Thanks.

Offline Golfgirl

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 23
Re: Parrot CK3100 installation
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 04:01:09 pm »
I have one too but didn't install it myself.  I have the manual though so can scan the relevant pages and e-mail them to you if you want?  PM me an e-mail address if you want me to do it :happy2: 

Have you looked on the website to see if there's any installation guides on there? There is also a forum which you could post on which I've found quite useful in the past.

FOR SALE!

Offline Lyons

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 04:39:19 pm »
Do you mean the manual that came with the Parrot, or a guide for fitting in a Golf?

Offline Golfgirl

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 23
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2010, 11:39:19 pm »
The manual that came with the Parrot, but I'm sure there are vehicle-specific guides in there?

FOR SALE!

Offline monte

• Thank You
  • -Given: 116
  • -Receive: 134
  • Global Ruler
    • Deep-Shine Detail. Detailing-Wrapping-Tints. Lincoln.
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,67679.0.html
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2010, 09:13:40 am »
Lyons, Have you already got the Parrot CK3100? I have one for sale that has just come out of my Ed30. It has the correct wiring harness for all the MK5 golf head units too, as well as the manual.

Offline scotta

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 15
  • Edition 30
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2010, 12:46:47 pm »
I plan to fit a CK3100 within the next week. However, i fitted one to my wifes Mk5 Match a couple of years ago and can remember it was far from straightforward.

Can anyone tell me what wires need swapped? I recall swapping the red and orange wires somewhere, maybe the ones with the in-line fuse holders, or am i making that up?

Also, where will i find a switched live? Again i vaguely remember something about a blue/white wire in the heating matrix, but again its been 2 years since i did it so im not 100%!

Thanks.

Did you get this fitted mate? Ive just done a MKi9200 in mine so giv me a shout if you need some help. There isnt a switched live to the HU BTW you need to tap one off the accessory 12v/Fag Lighter.

Offline Lyons

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2010, 01:30:10 pm »
I got it fitted on Monday night there, thanks. I just brought the switched feed from the fuse box. Turned out easier than expected and only took half an hour to fit too. Though i managed to  pop one of the slats in the heater vent out so took far longer trying to sort it.

Offline scotta

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 15
  • Edition 30
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2010, 01:50:10 pm »
I got it fitted on Monday night there, thanks. I just brought the switched feed from the fuse box. Turned out easier than expected and only took half an hour to fit too. Though i managed to  pop one of the slats in the heater vent out so took far longer trying to sort it.

:grin: i did that as well - had to partially dismantle it and reattach it for the trim to sit back properly! the mki9200 has an ipod/fone cable on it as well which i fed into armrest which was an errrm interesting experience!!

Offline Lyons

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2010, 02:16:23 pm »
It was dark too, and i only had the interior lights to guide me- sadly they dont really shine on top of the dash, so i had to just feel what i was doing!