Make a donation

Author Topic: THEFT - WARNING  (Read 7626 times)

Offline Frodo-anni

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 45
    • Email
Re: THEFT - WARNING
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2010, 07:30:00 pm »
They were as bad when then took my mate's R36 last year - no fear whatsoever. That went to Moss side where it got stripped looking for the tracker (CCTV on a carpark) and was chased a few times around Eccles.. needless to say they lost it very quickly.

99% of cars taken from Manchester end up in either Oldham or West Yorks which is where all your bargain ebay finds are from - the sooner people stop craving VAG bits, the sooner it ends. They pay scumbag low level kids a few hundred notes and this is the result.

Merseyside takers have them for jobs, armed blags and the like. You'll not see this back I would imagine, unless it's found cooling down somewhere on fake plates before they plan to use it.

I hope the catch them, the Police in Merseyside did a fantastic job of catching them on both occasions another friends VXR got taken from Maghull. Kirkby scum.

I'm really sorry this happened to you and hope it doesn't last too long in terms of the after affects. Chin up.

Cheers mike!

There are some nice ares of west yorkshire you know....
mk4 Anniversary pd No0341 - Sold
mk5 GTI Edition 30 DSG No0391

Offline tonym1

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2010, 07:43:17 pm »
sorry to hear mate my brother in law and nephew had a r32 mkv and a slk 500 merc took from leigh lancs they have both been returned unharmed parked up in some old ladies garage (she dont use) in liverpool.they got in in the night and took keys etc.so glad i live in cornwall

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2010, 07:50:57 pm »

99% of cars taken from Manchester end up in either Oldham or West Yorks which is where all your bargain ebay finds are from - the sooner people stop craving VAG bits, the sooner it ends. They pay scumbag low level kids a few hundred notes and this is the result.

yep, 500 notes round my way will get you a car stolen to order. Motorbikes will start at 100 notes.

The police arent thick though, they know who is doing it, proving it though is another matter.  :wink:

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2010, 08:16:23 pm »
Ahh, you know what I mean Frodo.

Moss side & Salford give Manchester a bad name and likewise areas of Bradford/Huddersfield give West Yorks the same. Trouble is they're very interlinked, so stolen stuff from WY goes to Manc and vice versa. DPG is right in this respect.

I've a fair few mates who are cops, they know the score and sad as it is, finding the scum is hard.
Sideways yo!

Offline MR02LOW

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 14
    • Ironkilla Gym Apparel
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,9122.0.html
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2010, 08:22:35 pm »
gutted for you mate, bastar* scum bags!!!!

but like everone else has said mate, its only a car, as long as you and the missus are ok thats all that matters  :happy2:

Offline davoaj

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2010, 01:43:51 pm »
Thanks for all your support guys, car was recivered ealry hours of tuesday morning. Now face the argument with my insurers of not wanting it back.

Sad thing is, I'm looking around at what else to buy and going on the relevant forums and there just isn't the same vibe and support on other forums as there is on here.

I'm thinking of maybe getting a B5 or B6 Audi A4 which you can pick up fairly cheaply and hopefully wouldn't draw too much attention whilst enabling me to have something german that I can take a bit of pride in.

At the moment getting back to normal seems a long way off and I doubt I'll get back in something like the GTI until I move away from merseyside and hopefully out of this country!! Not be ing dramatic, the Mrs and I have been trying to get ourselves down under for a while now so we have even more motivation!!

Offline WhiteGTI

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 22
  • F-A-S-T
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2010, 01:50:23 pm »
Sad thing is, I'm looking around at what else to buy and going on the relevant forums and there just isn't the same vibe and support on other forums as there is on here.

Lol, I know what you mean! I've found that recently too!
2008 Golf GTI - Revo Stage 2 NOW SOLD

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp
2000 Lotus Elise Sport160 - 160hp

Offline neg

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 7
  • gone old skool
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2010, 02:05:20 pm »
Sorry to hear this, someone invading your home must be a terrible experience - like you day if you did do anything and they want to get you back they know where you live!

On the other side of things, surely if this did happen and you claimed of your incsurance you'll get  screwed for the next few years wont you ....

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2010, 02:59:01 pm »
But if he's moving down under, it won't matter so much?

Hope it all gets sorted.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline gobbleplease

• Thank You
  • -Given: 64
  • -Receive: 48
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2010, 06:54:52 pm »
F*ckin hell mate thats bad, twice aswell  :confused:,  the main thing is you and the Mrs are Ok, i hope the two of yous werent shaken up to too bad, athough ill bet it would be hard not too.

Lucky for me i live in a dodgy area as it is, no one would really want to rob anything round my way. The only thing i need to contend with is making sure some knob hasnt kicked the wing mirror from my car !
MK5 EDITION 30 - CW - REVO S2+ - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

MK7 GTI - ARRIVING DECEMBER

MK2 GTI - RB - 1.8T - GARAGE QUEEN

Offline Edition30

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 8
  • No man was ever wise by chance.
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2010, 08:08:14 pm »
Hope they steam in into a bridge and kill themselves. Twats.

Had someone try get my Edition 30 which they failed to do as they grabbed the Passat keys and failed to know how to start it. Also had someone try steal my Banshee  :fighting:

The lengths you have to go to, to protect your property is ridiculous.

Australia you say? I'm thinking of doing the exact same thing. I need some IT experience in the UK for a year first so I have something to offer when I go on a 12 month working visa and then hopefully look for a sponsor.

Someone also mentioned W.Yorkshire? That is very true, a local newspaper printed a massive story on a gang of lads that had been doing it months and I knew a couple of them. Pointed out a few cars parked up which were stolen which *wink wink* they were promptly picked up by the police due to a *tracker*  :wink:
Afghanistan Trust - Yorkshire 3 peaks challenge.

www.justgiving.com/ptemartinbell

MyProtein - MP119633

Offline Johnmacster

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2010, 08:33:03 pm »
Know how you feel mate, I live in North Liverpool nr Maghull, had my brand new 5 series M Sport taken a year or so ago.  smashed their way into the house in daylight.  Put me off for a while, been driving a 7 yr old 3 series since, I have been ringing around dealers to PX for a GTi today.  This has reminded me how bad it was and made me have second thoughts.

Sh*t happens everywhere though, lad I know thru my brother-in-law moved to Aus, had a nice house built and then was burgled just after he moved in and badly beaten...... saying that I'd move to Canada tomorrow....

Pain will pass, chin up fella.