Make a donation

Author Topic: Black 05 GTI - Northants  (Read 1146 times)

Offline markrtw

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
Black 05 GTI - Northants
« on: March 16, 2016, 07:22:13 pm »
Hi, I just thought I'd say hello.  I picked up a 2005 5 door just before Xmas. It's not my first mk5, but is my 1st mk5 gti.  It's currently standard and I'm just working through a few bits and bobs on it,  but on the whole I love it.  Its an 85k met black 5 door with leather,  cruise,  auto lights,  wipers, footwell lights, arm rest with cd changer. I have no idea what is standard and what was optional, but it seems to have most stuff and is defiantly a massive step up from the mk4 gt tdi I have been using for the last 3 years.  That was mapped with all the bushes/springs/shocks updated and had all the toys,  but I never liked it. It was cheap to run though while money was tight and we had kids.  Previous includes 13 GTIs (mk1, 2 & 3s) and 2 Corrados, as well as a few audis. The current family wheels is a black B6 audi a4 avant S Line 2.0 TFSI. I think I like these engines...
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 10:38:14 pm by markrtw »

Offline jayha11

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 23
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,97064.0.html
Re: Black 05 GTI - Northants
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 09:14:41 pm »
Welcome along Mark. Glad to see you picked the best colour too!  :happy2:
Mk5 GTI > S3 8P > Cupra 300 > Cupra 290 > Mk5 R32

Offline tlnds

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2016, 12:11:19 pm »
Welcome to the forum, from another Black GTI owner from Northants   :smiley:

Offline markrtw

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2016, 04:04:54 pm »
Thanks guys. I have to admit that my purchase of the car was a bit random. I was bored one Friday afternoon at work and just did a search on Autotrader for anything within 5 miles of home (Brackley) and the car popped up. It was quite cheap with below avg miles for its year, so I gave the chap a call and he had only just posted it up for sale. I went and had a look the next morning, it all seemed straight and after a few hundred metres drive I decided to have it. So not the most organised purchase ever, but heyho, it all worked out. All I need to do is resolve a little ABS issue that has developed since I got it (thread in the technical forum) and then I think a trip to R Tech may be in order...

Offline zainster

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2016, 10:18:00 am »
Welcome!