Make a donation

Author Topic: The golf and my experience 40 minutes ago pouring down with rain M1  (Read 4726 times)

Offline r5gtt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
Re: The golf and my experience 40 minutes ago pouring down with rain M1
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2016, 12:22:09 am »
Thanks for the comments guys and thank again for wishing us okay. it was the most scariest moment of life and I think my wife feels the same as I.

Will make sure no crazy driving like that again although I didn't see myself as speeding and the wind must have caught me by surprise.

Had a similar scenario myself on the M5 back from West Brom to Halesowen after work recently. Very wet on the motorway, not really enough to Aqua plane too bad though. Was in the outside lane doing a steady 60-65, lorry however decided it would be a top idea to stick in the middle lane doing same speed. Some twat in inside lane nipped in front of the lorry causing him to brake quickly ...

Never have I sh*t myself so much in a car ... And I've been in two crashes, one big one.
Lorry having slammed his brakes on snaked HARD towards me in outside lane! Eased off the gas a bit, and dropped it a gear rather than brake hard myself and risk snaking myself. Thankfully the driver caught the oversteer well and stuck it. Genuinely thought I was going to be one of those fatal car crashes you see on the motorway that day.
That's terrible Adam, glad you didn't get into an accident mate as I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Just before my ordeal there was a car on the central reservation pointing my way which is initially why I slowed down and some clown in his range was so far up my rear I went a little crazy and slowed him right down as I had seen the danger where as he probably didn't. two other cars were on the hard shoulder near to the car facing the wrong way and I immediately thought crap they must have lost control and hit the central res!!! people were out the car unharmed but the dangers of rain and wind really scar the crap out of me now.

Becareful to all who read this as it's very dangerous this weather.  :love:

R5
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 12:36:14 am by r5gtt »