Make a donation

Author Topic: iPhone connection  (Read 3074 times)

Ifti

iPhone connection
« on: January 11, 2010, 07:49:10 pm »
Hi all
I have the bog standard head unit in my car - not sure what the exact model is - you can just see it here:

Now that I have an iPhone I would like to get a car kit for the phone, and place it on the dash to the right - just above the Parrot module.

Can I connect the phone to the head unit for music??
Im not bothered that the track name etc wont display, as the phone would be in easy reach so can change the tracks on the phone itself, which is fine by me.
I would then be connecting the phone to the Parrot for calls.

Can I connect the phone to this head unit and what do I need to do so?

Also does anyone have any experience of this parrot kit?
I want to clear the paired devices as it wont let me pair any more handsets with it. However, when I go into settings it doesnt let me clear anything?
I want to clear the kit so its back to factory settings - how do I do this? Do I connect a laptop to it via Bluetooth and update?

Offline DanoGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 3
    • DA Productions
Re: iPhone connection
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 08:00:56 pm »
Ifti,

Here's a link to get you the manual on how to reset the Parrot.

http://www.parrot.com/usa/support/downloads

Sadly, for iphone, you'll need to upgrade your Parrot-

http://www.parrot.com/usa/products/for-ipod-and-iphone

I'm going the expensive route and binning my RCD300 (same as yours)

HTH

Dan

DA Productions

The fine art of diplomacy is telling somebody to "fcuk off" in such a way that they actually look forward to the journey....

Ifti

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 10:03:26 pm »
If I upgrade my parrot to one of the newer ones, I take it the parrot connects to the car speakers and the music streams through the parrot?

Im assuming I would need to remove all the wiring etc for the current parrot and start from scratch. I'm not too confident with stuff like this you see!

Ifti

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2010, 07:24:55 pm »
Is there anyone here who can fit a new parrot system and remove the old?

In payment I would let you keep my current parrot kit (in pic above)?

Offline DanoGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 3
    • DA Productions
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2010, 07:31:17 pm »
If I upgrade my parrot to one of the newer ones, I take it the parrot connects to the car speakers and the music streams through the parrot?

Im assuming I would need to remove all the wiring etc for the current parrot and start from scratch. I'm not too confident with stuff like this you see!

Yes, either by a wired connection to the phone or by bluetooth, and for your second comment, maybe not.

As to your request, I'd pop to at worst Halfords, or your local ICE centre. It won't be much to change it over.

Dan :smiley:

DA Productions

The fine art of diplomacy is telling somebody to "fcuk off" in such a way that they actually look forward to the journey....

Ifti

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2010, 06:25:01 pm »
Ive decided to keep my current Parrot kit since it does the job fine now that Ive managed to clear the paired devices etc! I realised that the red hangup button was stuck in, hence why it wouldnt let me do much in the settings! Now Ive sorted that it works perfect! lol

Just need to look for a cable so I can connect my iPhone to the system so I can play my music! Will probably have the cable come out of the centre armrest, or the cup holder area. More tempted to go for the latter......

Since I have TomTom on my iphone I may just buy a bog standard phone holder to use when I need to use TomTom, but I dont want anything thats fixed, just somet that I can put up when I need it.....

Ifti

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2010, 09:13:30 pm »
May be a stupid question - but if I get the iPod cable to connect into the back of my head unit, and to my iPhone - does this also charge the iPhone as well or not?

Offline Eddy30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2010, 02:18:37 am »
Hi mate had the sane issues with the same parrot/headunit in my edition30. The parrot was installed when I got the car and the iPod dock in the armrest Wasnt responding so I assumed that the parrot was connected into the auxiliary in the headunit where the iPod shout go (anybody? Iv not had the unit out to look) as for chargng the iPhone it should if you get the correct lead but I doubt it will charge with the oem lead as they use a different lead to iPods