Make a donation

Author Topic: Central locking help needed  (Read 1095 times)

Offline GYG30

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Central locking help needed
« on: April 17, 2016, 09:47:13 pm »
New to the forum guys and usually you have most topics thoroughly covered and answered well just by googling it but this has been doing my head in now for weeks so thought i'd better sign up and see what you think.

Read nearly every post on this but still no closer to fixing so.....

1 rear door has been reluctant to open lately. so have replaced bracket behind door skin (broke my brackets small plastic hooks to hold bracket to skin). replaced the short bowden door handle cable because that was slipping in the grooves on door handle. And have replaced module which I thought was new (eBay seller listed it new and was clearly used! ongoing....). First go the door wouldn't open with replacement,then it did,now back to not working.

So after putting the module on yesterday I'm back to square one,struggling to open door. Bit worried today it took a fair few bangs etc to open it!

I think I'll rip the "new" module back off (had skin off bout 15 times i reckon now!) and replace with another new one. Can anybody recommend a ebay seller? or stick with the genuine "quality"?

What was strange today was when you turned ignition on all the locks buzzed and when you pulled the key out they buzzed again? The locking/unlocking convenience feature is turned off. It didn't do this with original duff module.

Also should the bowden cable slip down it's grooves? or should you set the lock with the bent hook screwdriver vag tool that some vw workshop sites tell you. some diy how to guides don't mention it. I know its possible the module i bought is knackered also but it seems coincidence that the same symptoms are happening.

Any help would be greatly appreciated (I'll leave the wing rust to another day!) will post car pics once I figure how to upload them.

Rich
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 09:56:27 pm by GYG30 »

Offline GYG30

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Re: Central locking help needed
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2016, 03:27:11 pm »
Afternoon all. Changed my door lock module today and was wondering do I need to get it scanned to clear any fault codes if present?

After refitting the skin the door wouldn't open after locking/unlocking (was fine without skin on pulling on the cable?!). Eventually got it to open and seems to open/shut fine now,not sure it'll last tho. Thinking a fault code might be buggering it up still?