Make a donation

Author Topic: Yet another job interview closer to home tomorrow  (Read 9526 times)

Offline r5gtt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
Yet another job interview closer to home tomorrow
« on: April 28, 2016, 10:32:54 pm »
Had enough of the crap this place is coming out with  :slap:

Why are you different?.

Me: huh what do you mean as I look down at my cloths,

you've got a coffee?.

Me: Yes I felt like having a coffee at 10am break time,

No I want you on your tools so ask someone to get it for you.

why did you wear your woolly hat into work?.

Me: It was cold and I forgot to take it off before walking in although there's no customers in yet.

Don't do it again as its not professional.

me thinking wtf you b**** sh** the **** **  :mad:

promises of being a family and not just a number and better pay and treated fairly what a load of crap.

Hopefully the next one will be better  :sad1:

Offline GTI8v

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
Re: Yet another job interview closer to home tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 06:43:38 pm »
Good luck..
Hope it went ok  :drinking:

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 06:57:58 pm »
Thanks @GTI8v  :drinking:

Seemed to go well i hope.

Offline prp74

• Thank You
  • -Given: 37
  • -Receive: 126
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2016, 07:29:12 pm »
Your current places sound like a military school. Fingers crossed on the new job  :happy2:
mk5 Graphite Blue GTI - Leathers, Xenons, MFD2, PDC, Boot Pop - SOLD
mk7 Pure White GTI - Performance Pack, Xenons, DSG, Leathers, Pro Nav, Dynaudio, Self Park, Keyless, 18" OZ Ultraleggera

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2016, 08:40:43 pm »
@prp74 Thanks buddy  :drinking:

Sure does and is from what I've been through these past two months minus two weeks off pre booked holiday.

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2016, 01:02:57 pm »
Right got another job same pay but been promised and had an email stating Once you have passed your bronze technician courses your salary would rise to £24,000 per annum once you have achieved Expert level 3 it would rise again to £26,000 per annum and Master tech is currently £28,000 per annum.
sounds promising but I've got another job interview Friday for 24k at a bodyshop.  :confused: now should I take the 22k or go for the bodyshop role if offered which I'm doubting.

Offline lukemk5gti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 118
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,89715.msg907250.html#msg907250
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2016, 01:13:04 pm »
Right got another job same pay but been promised and had an email stating Once you have passed your bronze technician courses your salary would rise to £24,000 per annum once you have achieved Expert level 3 it would rise again to £26,000 per annum and Master tech is currently £28,000 per annum.
sounds promising but I've got another job interview Friday for 24k at a bodyshop.  :confused: now should I take the 22k or go for the bodyshop role if offered which I'm doubting.

Go for the first one, the challenge of obtaining further professional development will make you try harder, learn more and make it more interesting knowing you're going up a ladder! It will also be more beneficial to you down the line when looking at the next job.

Good luck @r5gtt

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2016, 01:26:31 pm »

Go for the first one, the challenge of obtaining further professional development will make you try harder, learn more and make it more interesting knowing you're going up a ladder! It will also be more beneficial to you down the line when looking at the next job.

Good luck @r5gtt
Thanks for your reply @lukemk5gti it's really appreciated mate. You might be right as the bodyshop doesn't have any extra bonuses or up the ladder progression. It's just that I'm thinking the 22k position is fast paced and target related and I'm kind of getting fed up of being a lap dog having to perform and job after job of hurry up customers waiting even before your time with the car is up ffs what a headache.

Offline Beej

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 23
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2016, 01:40:51 pm »
I was going to state after reading your first post that this sounds like you are working in a dealership in the motor trade!

I too have been promised the world with pay and future prospects, but the more I get on at my manager about it, the more I realize that it's not happening because he can clearly see how much I would end up with his job really quickly, so is making excuses left right and centre effectively holding me back, and lest be honest, none of us are getting any younger, so he is doing me no favours, but the problem I have is where I am, works well for my wife, family and myself, even though the wage is shocking.

I would generally state to go for the one which has progressing shown within it, even though I have been there bought the t shirt and all that and don't really have any real trust in others words now, because from personal experience, it has been said to get me in the door.

Good luck which ever you go for!

Offline Beej

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 23
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2016, 01:41:07 pm »
P.S. apologies for the rant!

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2016, 02:06:12 pm »
Yes motor trade technican @Beej

Trust me I'm 41 soon to be 42 and have had the world promised to me and always find out the baskeets just said it to get me in the door too so I know how you feel. :sad1:

This one has been emailed and from what we discussed at the interview on Tuesday he sounded very genuine and as shown above what he typed regarding salary where as the cow at grays Essex didn't do that got me in the door and said I lied to her about having time off when I was sick at my last place and didn't think to mention it so that's her reason for paying me sh*te and then treating me like shi**.

I seriously hope this place is better as I'm fed up of moving around and just want to be in a stable place with honest and decent people who welcome me without prejudice. Is that too much to ask for.

Cheers

I was also told that they are a family run business where him and his father run one company and his brother runs another.

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2016, 05:27:54 pm »
Okay I've done a really bad thing and going to go for this new job offer for the body shop as it's paying silly wages I've only ever dreamt of and I can't turn it down  :stupid: :slap:

Offline white91

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2016, 08:20:19 pm »
Always go with your gut instincts

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2016, 09:19:54 pm »
I've gone with my gutt and it's saying take the 28k job you :stupid: man.
Just hope this one will be the one as I've always wanted a good salary and hope I can maintain and keep upto bodyshop standards as it's not some thing I have experience with although have dabbled with crash cars here and there.

Offline TAPPY

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 56
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,103290.0.html
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2016, 09:38:18 pm »
It's all just nuts and bolts mate and knowing what things are meant to look like before it was smashed up lol. Hopefully you won't have to deal with pattern parts as some are a pita to fit and you end up making bolt holes bigger just to fit things lol

Good luck tho :happy2: