Make a donation

Author Topic: Bi-Xenon High Beam Issue  (Read 750 times)

Offline Mark_DF05

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 8
Bi-Xenon High Beam Issue
« on: May 07, 2016, 03:42:35 pm »
I've got retrofitted oem xenons on my car. Unfortunately one of the internal brackets on the passenger side light was damaged so I had to take it apart and repair it, after doing so everything was fine however there seems to be an issue with the reflector motor, when I use the high beams for more than 15 seconds (give or take) the shutter will close on its own and i get an error light. After doing scan with my basic iPhone app I've got the following

02499 - Right Low Beam Reflector Motor (V295)
012 - Electrical Fault in Circuit

Straight away I thought I'd damaged a connection when repairing the light so this morning I took it back off the car to have a look - couldn't really see much wrong but swapped it with another headlight(same ballast) and still got the same error.

Anybody have any ideas what this could be? Is it possible the coding could have got a but mixed up when swapping the lights over?

I can always disable Xenons With Shutters which would probably solve it but would like them working properly.

Offline Mark_DF05

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
Re: Bi-Xenon High Beam Issue
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2016, 03:46:02 pm »
Also, could it be the ballast since that was the one thing I didn't change but wasn't sure if that controlled the shutter.

Offline Nasir

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 28
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2016, 06:58:11 pm »
You need to code the lights in using VCDS
Shadow Blue 2007 GTI DSG (Standard)

Offline Mark_DF05

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2016, 06:37:32 pm »
They're already coded but for some reason one is no longer working, I think it could be the ballast so I'll swap them over sometime and see what happens.