Make a donation

Author Topic: *** All your bluefin/superchips questions and answers in here please.  (Read 122166 times)

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
Re: Ordered Bluefin
« Reply #210 on: January 11, 2009, 06:59:37 pm »
not sure on the golf, but my old car (not VW) used to go into limp mode if the car wheelspan more than say twice in succession , switching the car on and off sorted it out

Offline garethmk1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #211 on: January 11, 2009, 07:06:27 pm »
Reconnected bluefin to d/load DTC's - getting fault code P0300, P0303 and P0302 - translate as :-

P0303 : Fault Cyl D-Misfire Detected (CYL 3)

P0302 : Fault Cyl B-Misfire Detected (CYL 2)

P0300 : Random/Multiple Cyl Misfire Detected

Do I reload to stock map as leaving for work at 2100 or ..... shall I drive tonight and contact superchips first thing tomorrow morn ?

Regards,

Gareth
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 07:10:03 pm by garethmk1 »

Mk5 Golf GTi Edition 30 No:- 2101, 3Dr, Tornado Red, Rear Tints, RCD510 & Sound Pack, Arm Rest
Mk1 Golf GTi 16v Helios Blue, Too Many Mods To List .... MY First Car ! Owned Since 1996 !!! NEARLY READY !!!!!

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #212 on: January 11, 2009, 07:14:25 pm »

Offline garethmk1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #213 on: January 11, 2009, 07:27:08 pm »
Cheers Blue, I would be as concerned if it logged just misfire CYL 3 as that cylinder has the longest inlet track and can be prone to this sort of fault code, it's just that it logged CYL 2 as well.  I was thinking that due to boost level etc whether Superchips have retarted the timing quite acutely at the top end of the rev range ..... hmmmmm .... should I clear the code or leave them present ?

Regards,

Gareth

Mk5 Golf GTi Edition 30 No:- 2101, 3Dr, Tornado Red, Rear Tints, RCD510 & Sound Pack, Arm Rest
Mk1 Golf GTi 16v Helios Blue, Too Many Mods To List .... MY First Car ! Owned Since 1996 !!! NEARLY READY !!!!!

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #214 on: January 11, 2009, 07:31:51 pm »
is it running ok now ?

Offline garethmk1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #215 on: January 11, 2009, 07:50:08 pm »
Yes running fine - bit scared to give it some up the top of the range - strange - very similar to issue in this thread, but mine has Bluefin John's is APR:-

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=263.60

I did actually hear it misfire at the top a lo Pug 205 on limiter noise, but having said that this was on the limiter also, but ED30 limiter was soft cut not hard cut - noise was more like hard cut limiter unless SC have changed way revs are limited post remap

Regards,

Gareth

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #216 on: January 11, 2009, 07:52:36 pm »
yeh a few threads with simillar issues, just read the one below and he has Revo, a few threads point towards coilpacks, plugs and even dodgy fuel, its hard to tell really, it could do with being Vag com'd

http://www.golfmk5.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1348845

Offline john_o

• Thank You
  • -Given: 136
  • -Receive: 108
    • My Car Blog
« Reply #217 on: January 11, 2009, 07:52:52 pm »
lol at your post! same time

if its running OK generally and the light doesnt flash in normal driving it will be fine imho

Your right though because its more than one cylinder it indicates its not coilpacks (but still could be !)

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/index.php/16686/P0302/000770

tbh this is a bit of deja-vu for me! I have exactly the same DTC codes currently being investigated by Awesome (APR map).
However almost 90% of the time its a known issue coilpacks/injectors/sensors/fuel reg/filters/spark plugs/camlobe-fuel pump wear  etc

Is it only under WOT at high rpm? or at any rpm
Unless the car goes into limp mode (limited boost) then I would say its fine to drive just dont push it hard.

have to ask ,you havent filled up with some 95 RON fuel by mistake?

Forgot to add . flash it back to stock and WOT run it to see if it still faults

« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 07:59:53 pm by john_o »
Red ED35 5dr DSG
DEFI boost guage / RTech Stg1 Engine/DSG / PPMk7 front brakes
BLOG | BUILD

Offline garethmk1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #218 on: January 11, 2009, 07:59:43 pm »
Tesco 99 all the way, yes high RPM WOT at the limiter 4th gear, CEL light flashed intermitantly for 5 - 10 secs - I backed off and haven't driven at that engine RPM since ... hmm will clear codes and try it on way to work tonight ... strange ... but very concerned,

Regards,

Gareth
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 08:01:17 pm by garethmk1 »

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #219 on: January 11, 2009, 08:02:37 pm »
Tesco 99 all the way, yes high RPM WOT at the limiter 4th gear, CEL light flashed intermitantly for 5 - 10 secs - I backed off and haven't driven at that engine RPM since ... hmm will clear codes and try it on way to work tonight ... strange ... but very concerned,

Regards,

Gareth

i hope its ok, on the ST i had the warning light would come on quite alot and stay on, the remap just confused the ECU, car was fine though

Offline illyun

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #220 on: January 12, 2009, 01:22:47 am »
Reconnected bluefin to d/load DTC's - getting fault code P0300, P0303 and P0302 - translate as :-

Do I reload to stock map as leaving for work at 2100 or ..... shall I drive tonight and contact superchips first thing tomorrow morn ?

Regards,

Gareth

Thats one of the problems you get if you order an 'off-the-shelf' remap... its why I went with Revo and had JKM install it.  I seem to recall Keith from JKM saying something about a cylinder misfiring or something but that it wasn't serious and that they had adjusted the settings to take care of it.  Never had a problem with my Revo map.  Of course, you could get a tuner to install the SC remap and again, I'm sure that would be better than remapping your ecu on your own.  Ready for the  :fighting: from SC owners  :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #221 on: January 12, 2009, 07:57:49 am »
I think part of the attraction of the Superchips Bluefin is that it is an 'off the shelf' diy remap.

The interesting thing now is how Superchips deal with any perceived problems with the map once Gareth speaks to them.

And yes I am a very interested party. :wink:

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #222 on: January 12, 2009, 08:53:31 am »

Regards,

Gareth

Thats one of the problems you get if you order an 'off-the-shelf' remap... its why I went with Revo and had JKM install it.  I seem to recall Keith from JKM saying something about a cylinder misfiring or something but that it wasn't serious and that they had adjusted the settings to take care of it.  Never had a problem with my Revo map.  Of course, you could get a tuner to install the SC remap and again, I'm sure that would be better than remapping your ecu on your own.  Ready for the  :fighting: from SC owners  :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

i posted a link earlier where a Revo owner had the same issue  :happy2: :laugh:

Offline illyun

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #223 on: January 12, 2009, 09:41:38 am »

I know.  I had issues too when JKM put the Revo map on and they were sorted immediately though.  Moral of the story is to get your car mapped by a competent garage/technican.

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #224 on: January 12, 2009, 10:45:24 am »

I know.  I had issues too when JKM put the Revo map on and they were sorted immediately though.  Moral of the story is to get your car mapped by a competent garage/technican.

If people have had 'problems' they have always been quick to come straight back and report how pleased they were with SC's customer service. Don't believe everything you read Illyun. I've never had a REVO map and I for one would not knock REVO or anyone that chose to use it.