Make a donation

Author Topic: *** All your bluefin/superchips questions and answers in here please.  (Read 122907 times)

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
Re: Ordered Bluefin
« Reply #255 on: January 18, 2009, 06:58:27 am »
Put it this way I've never felt the rev limiter kick in! I've really never felt the need to spank it that far up the rev range  :wink: Im not saying I won't and to be honest Im intrigued as to whether I will get a misfire or not  :confused:

come to think of it i have never hit the limiter since the remap

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #256 on: January 18, 2009, 07:50:43 am »
ive never felt the limiter without the map, i never rev mine past 5500rpm.Theres no benefit to strangling its nuts for no extra accelaration.

Offline fastismycopilot

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #257 on: January 18, 2009, 09:38:06 am »
With the Milltek I take it higher up the rev range just for the soundtrack  :laugh:

Edition 30 No. 0536

Offline illyun

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
« Reply #258 on: January 18, 2009, 10:22:55 am »
I hardly rev my Ed30 to the redline - can probably count the number of times I have done it in 18 months on one hand and also try to ignore the its screams when on the dyno  :sad: :grin: :grin: :grin:.  Ditto for the R32 - I think I've done it once by accident on that.  A Mk2 16v however is a different proposition - its a redline whore  :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin:

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #259 on: January 18, 2009, 02:12:43 pm »
I had a spot of fun earlier trying to keep up with a very non-standard Mitsubishi FQ-300 that spat flames on the overrun. :scared:
Not a hope and quite good fun trying but I didn't experience any unexpected warning lights.

Offline GTIjames

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #260 on: January 18, 2009, 07:23:53 pm »
I had a spot of fun earlier trying to keep up with a very non-standard Mitsubishi FQ-300 that spat flames on the overrun. :scared:
Not a hope and quite good fun trying but I didn't experience any unexpected warning lights.

At least someone is making the most out of their gti, this thread was starting to sound like a toyota prius one!
 :P

GTI Edition 30 - Reflex Silver now gone but not forgotten - Cooper S JCW now.

Offline winrya

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #261 on: January 18, 2009, 08:15:42 pm »
Is there anybody out there that has had a revo and bluefin remap??

My 5hr revo trial has just expired and im rather gutted so time to get a map sorted.

I'm waiting for a confirmed price of the revo at either 399 or 499 pounds + vat.

The bluefin at 390 delivered seems a bargain but it seems a totally different map.

The revo has a massive kick of torque and power and delivers 200bhp at 3700rpm whereas the bluefin delivers 200bhp at over 5000rpm. Also the revo has 300ft lb of torque at just over 2000rpm which explains why i had so much fun with the massive shove the remap was giving me.  I love all the features of the bluefin but the revo map was soo much fun i fear i may be disappointed.  I'd appreciate any feedback you guys have.  I've posted the maps of the revo below but they are very low quality so may be difficult to read

I just got hold of the blu-fin maps below so you can see the difference

And also the apr map which seems very similar to the revo

« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 08:55:49 pm by winrya »

Offline fastismycopilot

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
« Reply #262 on: January 18, 2009, 08:19:48 pm »
Is there anybody out there that has had a revo and blufin remap??

My 5hr revo trial has just expired and im rather gutted so time to get a map sorted.

I'm waiting for a confirmed price of the revo at either 399 or 499 pounds + vat.

The bluefin at 390 delivered seems a bargain but it seems a totally different map.

The revo has a massive kick of torque and power and delivers 200bhp at 3700rpm whereas the bluefin delivers 200bhp at over 5000rpm. Also the revo has 300ft lb of torque at just over 2000rpm which explains why i had so much fun with the massive shove the remap was giving me.  I love all the features of the bluefin but the revo map was soo much fun i fear i may be disappointed.  I'd appreciate any feedback you guys have.  I've posted the maps of the revo below but they are very low quality so may be difficult to read

Isn't there a trial period on the Bluefin so you can make a direct comparison rather than having to second guess it?

Edition 30 No. 0536

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #263 on: January 18, 2009, 08:23:33 pm »

Isn't there a trial period on the Bluefin so you can make a direct comparison rather than having to second guess it?

yeh, i think you just send the handset back

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #264 on: January 18, 2009, 08:25:22 pm »
What if I am not happy with the result?

If you are not happy with the results we offer a seven-day refund. Simply return your vehicle to its original settings and send your bluefin and your completed return form that came with your pack to Superchips using the address label supplied. Your statutory rights are not affected.

i would tell them you had the Revo trial though as the Revo map is still on your car

Offline winrya

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #265 on: January 18, 2009, 08:35:16 pm »

I just got hold of the blu-fin maps below so you can see the difference

And also the apr map which seems very similar to the revo

Updated to include bluefin map and apr

Offline winrya

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #266 on: January 18, 2009, 08:36:38 pm »
What if I am not happy with the result?

If you are not happy with the results we offer a seven-day refund. Simply return your vehicle to its original settings and send your bluefin and your completed return form that came with your pack to Superchips using the address label supplied. Your statutory rights are not affected.

i would tell them you had the Revo trial though as the Revo map is still on your car

Thanks for that mate, seems like a quality product well worth considering

Offline gazbutS3

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 55
    • Email
« Reply #267 on: January 18, 2009, 08:40:42 pm »
I've had APR 3 times and running Revo now and been more than happy with them both and I'm a right fussy bugger :smiley:

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #268 on: January 18, 2009, 08:42:39 pm »
ive never felt the limiter without the map, i never rev mine past 5500rpm.Theres no benefit to strangling its nuts for no extra accelaration.

If you are only revving yours to 5500rpm @ Pod Steve, I may have to change my bet to Joe rater than you... :ashamed:
Can't see how you think that changing gear at 5500rpm will give you an advantage on a KO4 mate, KO3 maybe.. Yeah peak power maybe there, but if you change gear at peak power, where are you revs going to be in the next gear??? Not where they'll need to be on KO4 I know.. Especially when you're up against a torquey mapped KO3..
« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 08:46:54 pm by Vtec Abuser »

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #269 on: January 18, 2009, 08:49:44 pm »
What Rev range should i be revving to Ben??, 1st gear i thought best to shift early to stop and wheel hop, the build up from that?

Joes more likely to light up the front wheels with alot more torque, so shifting at 5500rpm, to 2nd would be back to 3800 app, which is still at peak output for the k04?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 08:52:50 pm by Phil Mcavity »