Make a donation

Author Topic: *** All your bluefin/superchips questions and answers in here please.  (Read 123102 times)

Offline Hedge

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
Re: Ordered Bluefin
« Reply #315 on: January 22, 2009, 03:37:45 pm »
RPM: 6713 /min  :laugh:

whats the limiter? 6800? good to see you are 'using' your car  :happy2:
Keep us informed, Im interested to see what they say theyve done , good luck

:ashamed: My foot slipped. :innocent:

Offline garethmk1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #316 on: January 22, 2009, 06:34:54 pm »

Yes exactly the same DTC'a as mine - right before limiter, and yes the ED30 is a car to be "used".  I haven't downloaded the revised map yet - could you please report back whether you noticed any difference in the map.    I haven't downloaded yet as I'm a little concerned it'll change the map and thus the "car" I have now got used to.  Like I have said before - I feel that this isn't really a resolution to the issue and is a bit of a quick fix. Anyway please report back - it is interesting that this issue seems now to be occuring with the DSG map (mine's a manual).

Regards,

Gareth

Mk5 Golf GTi Edition 30 No:- 2101, 3Dr, Tornado Red, Rear Tints, RCD510 & Sound Pack, Arm Rest
Mk1 Golf GTi 16v Helios Blue, Too Many Mods To List .... MY First Car ! Owned Since 1996 !!! NEARLY READY !!!!!

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #317 on: January 22, 2009, 06:58:18 pm »

Yes exactly the same DTC'a as mine - right before limiter, and yes the ED30 is a car to be "used".  I haven't downloaded the revised map yet - could you please report back whether you noticed any difference in the map.    I haven't downloaded yet as I'm a little concerned it'll change the map and thus the "car" I have now got used to.  Like I have said before - I feel that this isn't really a resolution to the issue and is a bit of a quick fix. Anyway please report back - it is interesting that this issue seems now to be occuring with the DSG map (mine's a manual).

Regards,

Gareth

the manual map is the same as the DSG map

Offline garethmk1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #318 on: January 23, 2009, 01:34:38 pm »
so the new map cuts the power a little at the top end ?

Thats what the guy I spoke to said and to be honest I would prefer that.

As soon as I get the opportunity I will generate some logs and post them up. :smiley:

Please keep me updated am very keen to see the differenes,

Regards,

Gareth

Mk5 Golf GTi Edition 30 No:- 2101, 3Dr, Tornado Red, Rear Tints, RCD510 & Sound Pack, Arm Rest
Mk1 Golf GTi 16v Helios Blue, Too Many Mods To List .... MY First Car ! Owned Since 1996 !!! NEARLY READY !!!!!

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
« Reply #319 on: January 25, 2009, 04:20:06 pm »
I updated the map on the car today. My initial impressions are that not much has changed bottom and mid-range.

Didn't really have much of an opportunity to test the top end but it still felt good and strong when I did.

I will try over the coming days and see how it is.

Offline Shaun

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
*** All your bluefin/superchips questions and answers in here please.
« Reply #320 on: January 26, 2009, 09:59:17 pm »
Okay, only just registered but I'll be cheeky and post up my first query already...

I'm interested to know the real-world performance improvements that the Superchips remap for the Edition 30 brings... does anyone have any figures or know where they might be available: 0-60; 0-100; 30-50; 50-70 etc.?

Can't seem to find any specifics beyond the power and torque figures.

Thanks,

Shaun
Keep The Faith
GTI Edition 30 No. 0687 - Candy White - 5 Door - Lux Pack 1 - Park Sensors - ITG Filter - Bluefin - ECD Insert - Cruise Control
Previously: Mk1 Golf - Mk1 Jetta - Mk1 Polo Coupe - Mk2 Jetta - Mk3 Golf - Mk4 Passat - Mk1 Polo - Bora - Audi A4 / A6 / A8 - Mk3 Polo - Mk4 Golf

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
Re: Bluefin on Edition 30 - Performance Figures??
« Reply #321 on: January 26, 2009, 10:02:27 pm »
Welcome Shaun  :happy2:

You'll get some specific answers on Monday as there are a number of us attending the RWYB day at Santa Pod on Sunday.

Offline Shaun

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #322 on: January 26, 2009, 10:07:18 pm »

Excellent. I look forward to some genuine 'real world' figures then!!

Have a great day.

Cheers.
Keep The Faith
GTI Edition 30 No. 0687 - Candy White - 5 Door - Lux Pack 1 - Park Sensors - ITG Filter - Bluefin - ECD Insert - Cruise Control
Previously: Mk1 Golf - Mk1 Jetta - Mk1 Polo Coupe - Mk2 Jetta - Mk3 Golf - Mk4 Passat - Mk1 Polo - Bora - Audi A4 / A6 / A8 - Mk3 Polo - Mk4 Golf

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #323 on: January 27, 2009, 07:38:21 am »
real world figures aside the car feels so much quicker, you wouldnt be disappointed  :evilgrin:

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
« Reply #324 on: January 27, 2009, 07:54:32 am »
I would have to agree. :wink:

Offline Shaun

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #325 on: January 27, 2009, 10:34:32 am »

Thanks for the comments guys... this seems to be the general opinion and based on that I have in fact placed an order via JKM in Portsmouth. Unfortunately the handsets are unavailable at present as Superchips have had a run on them but they are expecting a delivery next week and as I have placed my order they'll honour the 20% discount that's on offer until the end of the month.

It's just that I like to quantify these things and it seems odd that these figures don't seem to be available anywhere?!

Can't wait to make the upgrade, though!  :party:

Cheers,

Shaull
Keep The Faith

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #326 on: January 27, 2009, 11:03:44 am »
I can vouch for the fact that Superchips are all out of GTI handsets as Jamie showed us the empty box when we were there last week!  :driver:

Offline garethmk1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #327 on: January 27, 2009, 11:04:05 pm »
Any further updates Hedge ? It's hapened again with me - haven't switched to new map yet.  Am still waiting to see what you think - bit cheeky I know  :evilgrin:

Regards,

Gareth

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #328 on: January 28, 2009, 09:14:06 am »

Thanks for the comments guys... this seems to be the general opinion and based on that I have in fact placed an order via JKM in Portsmouth. Unfortunately the handsets are unavailable at present as Superchips have had a run on them but they are expecting a delivery next week and as I have placed my order they'll honour the 20% discount that's on offer until the end of the month.

It's just that I like to quantify these things and it seems odd that these figures don't seem to be available anywhere?!

Can't wait to make the upgrade, though!  :party:

Cheers,

Shaull

TBH I haven't seen any of the tuners quote an increase in performance based on 0-60 times or top speed increases, but these are fairly meaning less (to me anyway) in the real world where you drive your drive most days. This Sunday will be a bit different though  :driver:

The remap does more than just increase performance to me it make the car overall more drivable  :happy2:

Offline john_o

• Thank You
  • -Given: 136
  • -Receive: 108
    • My Car Blog
« Reply #329 on: January 28, 2009, 06:39:15 pm »

Ok not superchips but power v similar so gives you an idea  :happy2:
std GTI is 200ps not an ED30

This is the end of this thread and below is a new one
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 04:26:29 pm by Top Cat »
Red ED35 5dr DSG
DEFI boost guage / RTech Stg1 Engine/DSG / PPMk7 front brakes
BLOG | BUILD