Make a donation

Author Topic: devilsown meth???  (Read 11092 times)

Offline r5gtt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
Re: devilsown meth???
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2016, 06:50:20 pm »
Ah thanks for the information Mate. I'm probably going to get a throttle body adaptor tbh or could you point me in the right direction of locating other?.
I don't mind getting some more piping and a smaller nozzle if it will help my car run well.
I have a standard pcv set up but do have a newsouth boost tap if that helps.

Still awaiting a reply from the seller who's taking his time replying and doesn't give me his number.  :confused:
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 01:24:06 pm by r5gtt »

Offline Madone

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 27
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2016, 07:18:39 pm »
Devils own sell all the extra parts, boost taps etc, everything except the throttle body spacer which AKS have  :happy2:

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2016, 07:31:52 pm »
Cheers  :signLOL:@Madone :smiley: gotta love this forum for all the help we get  :grouphug:

« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 08:15:15 pm by r5gtt »

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2016, 08:14:50 pm »

Offline Dan_FR

• Thank You
  • -Given: 132
  • -Receive: 189
  • wait...what?
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2016, 11:53:03 pm »
Discount code ' VT_net'  helps too  :happy2:

Get the solenoid upgrade if injecting after the TB. Don't forget a tank is extra, or you can do what I do and use the washer bottle
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 11:54:42 pm by Dan_FR »
TFSI... Revo Stage 2+... . WMI.... VCDS HEX + CAN, MPPS, VAG Commander & VAG tacho - South Wales

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2016, 12:07:17 am »
Brilliant I didnt see a discount code  :doh: thanks for that. How easy is it to use a seperate washer bottle?.

Offline Madone

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2016, 09:18:26 am »
When I spoke to Devils own they recommended the DC30 kit for a golf, they also said you need the solenoid valve if using a throttle plate otherwise the vacuum will suck water out of the line. If you are taping into the intercooler or throttle pipe you are ok with the normal valve. They recommend using a separate tank to me (but Dan has successfully used the washer bottle)  :happy2:

Offline Paradox1

• Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 82
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2016, 09:41:25 am »
When I spoke to Devils own they recommended the DC30 kit for a golf, they also said you need the solenoid valve if using a throttle plate otherwise the vacuum will suck water out of the line. If you are taping into the intercooler or throttle pipe you are ok with the normal valve. They recommend using a separate tank to me (but Dan has successfully used the washer bottle)  :happy2:

Correct. I only use a checkvalve and its been fine for a few years now.
If you want a subtle approach then go for the washbottle as it also tells you when fluid is low.

Rizzah

« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2016, 10:05:20 am »
Sounds crazy to me  :evilgrin:

Offline Dan_FR

• Thank You
  • wait...what?
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2016, 10:05:26 am »
A company will always recommend their best / most expensive product (DVC30 and a separate tank) as its more money..... Don't get me wrong it is 'better' but is it really needed?

The number of failures reported of that controller is enough to put me off. Especially if it fails leavening the meth pump permanently on as has been seen recently.

FYI I have tried TB injection with just a checkvalve as I was curious.... In reality it uses next to nothing but worth the upgrade for peace of mind.

Whether you use a separate tank or the washer makes no difference, you still cut the correct sized hole and use a 'tank tap'. I just didn't fancy having 10L of Methanol in my boot just a few inches away from where my son sits

I wanted a low-key install. Aside from the TB spacer you couldn't even tell I had WMI installed, you don't even need to run any wiring in to the car. 100% contained in the engine bay
TFSI... Revo Stage 2+... . WMI.... VCDS HEX + CAN, MPPS, VAG Commander & VAG tacho - South Wales

Offline Madone

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2016, 10:12:44 am »
Agreed, once it started to get complex with controllers and tanks of meth in the boot I got cold feet.

Aquamist make a big deal about their safety features, but are in another price bracket all together.

Offline Paradox1

• Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 82
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2016, 10:43:54 am »
A company will always recommend their best / most expensive product (DVC30 and a separate tank) as its more money..... Don't get me wrong it is 'better' but is it really needed?

The number of failures reported of that controller is enough to put me off. Especially if it fails leavening the meth pump permanently on as has been seen recently.

FYI I have tried TB injection with just a checkvalve as I was curious.... In reality it uses next to nothing but worth the upgrade for peace of mind.

Whether you use a separate tank or the washer makes no difference, you still cut the correct sized hole and use a 'tank tap'. I just didn't fancy having 10L of Methanol in my boot just a few inches away from where my son sits

I wanted a low-key install. Aside from the TB spacer you couldn't even tell I had WMI installed, you don't even need to run any wiring in to the car. 100% contained in the engine bay

I Agree that is sensible having your little one in th back from time to time.
What size is the washer tank?

Worth having a fire extinguisher just in case(even though you meth flames are invisible....but still)

Offline Dan_FR

• Thank You
  • wait...what?
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2016, 11:19:23 am »
Around 5 litres from memory. I top it up every week when I check my oil, coolant, tyres etc. Normally only get through a litre or so a week including washer use when needed.

I have a fire extinguisher in the pocket on the back of the passenger seat, within reach should it ever be needed. Should probably check the expiration date on it now you mention it

Offline Madone

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2016, 05:43:08 pm »
Sounds crazy to me  :evilgrin:

Tbh the more I looked into it the more I got put off, not because water meth injection as a concept isn't great, it clearly is, but to do it safely seemed more expensive than where I wanted to be. I had a long chat with a very techy guy at Aquamist, he explained how water meth should be metered against fuel rather than boost for correct ratio, he also went on about correct nozzle sizes etc etc. I started off just wanted to pull something together and reap the benefits, but got cold feet. Sounds like Dan has had no trouble with his setup so it's prob not as bad as it seems.  :laugh:

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2016, 08:53:15 pm »
I don't fancy compromising the washer bottle as I need to wash and wipe the windows.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 01:22:10 pm by r5gtt »