Make a donation

Author Topic: devilsown meth???  (Read 11093 times)

Offline r5gtt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
Re: devilsown meth???
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2016, 08:54:20 pm »
When I spoke to Devils own they recommended the DC30 kit for a golf, they also said you need the solenoid valve if using a throttle plate otherwise the vacuum will suck water out of the line. If you are taping into the intercooler or throttle pipe you are ok with the normal valve. They recommend using a separate tank to me (but Dan has successfully used the washer bottle)  :happy2:

Correct. I only use a checkvalve and its been fine for a few years now.
If you want a subtle approach then go for the washbottle as it also tells you when fluid is low.
I'm wondering if there is a space in the bay for an additional bottle?.

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2016, 08:58:04 pm »
A company will always recommend their best / most expensive product (DVC30 and a separate tank) as its more money..... Don't get me wrong it is 'better' but is it really needed?

The number of failures reported of that controller is enough to put me off. Especially if it fails leavening the meth pump permanently on as has been seen recently.

FYI I have tried TB injection with just a checkvalve as I was curious.... In reality it uses next to nothing but worth the upgrade for peace of mind.

Whether you use a separate tank or the washer makes no difference, you still cut the correct sized hole and use a 'tank tap'. I just didn't fancy having 10L of Methanol in my boot just a few inches away from where my son sits

I wanted a low-key install. Aside from the TB spacer you couldn't even tell I had WMI installed, you don't even need to run any wiring in to the car. 100% contained in the engine bay
Yes a company will try sell you the most expensive product as it is better but as you said is it needed.
Great I'll probably get a cheap tank off ebay and use that as long as it doesn't leak. are you using pure alcohol or part water @ what percentage @Dan_FR thanks

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2016, 08:59:25 pm »
Do people also drill into the throttle body with a tap and die?.

Offline Madone

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 27
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2016, 09:01:44 pm »
My plan was a separate bottle, like you need to wash the Windows  :laugh:

There is space by the battery if you don't have a induction filter there ?.

I was looking at the dc30 kit with tank in the boot, progressive controller and a extra kill switch to turn the system off. The Devils own guy said the correct mixture of meth/water for the engine isn't great to be sprayed on your window and running over you paint etc. And anything which makes good screen wash doesn't work great for spraying into the engine.  :scared:

Offline Madone

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2016, 09:03:31 pm »

The throttle body spacer from AKS has the hole already drilled and taped. Best to just buy that. Easy to fit

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2016, 09:09:12 pm »
My plan was a separate bottle, like you need to wash the Windows  :laugh:

There is space by the battery if you don't have a induction filter there ?.

I was looking at the dc30 kit with tank in the boot, progressive controller and a extra kill switch to turn the system off. The Devils own guy said the correct mixture of meth/water for the engine isn't great to be sprayed on your window and running over you paint etc. And anything which makes good screen wash doesn't work great for spraying into the engine.  :scared:
Yeah can't compromise on the windows lol

Oh that's good to know as I don't want an induction kit any more and don't really need one with the exhaust screaming at me  :signLOL:

Thanks

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2016, 09:11:01 pm »

The throttle body spacer from AKS has the hole already drilled and taped. Best to just buy that. Easy to fit
I'll have a lot of work on my hands as I want to also do the runner flap delete too as I have the parts but just haven't had the time and it's inlet off for that too.  :sad1: may as well get it all done then.

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2016, 09:19:57 pm »
£85 for a f****** spacer  :scared: that's kinda steep. does alex do forum discounts lol

Offline Madone

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2016, 09:41:55 pm »
Haha, not sure worth a try. At this rate you will put yourself of doing it like I did  :jumpmove:

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2016, 09:47:17 pm »
how did you do it  :signLOL:

I may opt for a creation motor copy  :rolleye:

Offline Dan_FR

• Thank You
  • -Given: 132
  • -Receive: 189
  • wait...what?
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2016, 06:32:53 am »
I'm answering these in order of reading them so:

You can still use the washers for your windows! Most screenwashs contain up to 50% methanol anyway and majority of the rest is water! Screenwash just has soap and some colour! Methanol/alcohol will not damage your paint - scaremongering again. If it did I would have needed a respray by now! It doesnt even strip the wax protection off

You use a TB spacer which has the appropriate hole for a WMI nozzle holder

Space in the bay will be very limited, I doubt a decent size bottle would fit and you would be better off with a decent induction kit than WMI - I've seen the standard airbox cost 15-20hp at Stage 2+ - Get a VWR one if you want quiet but its foolish not having one.

£85 is the price for a decent product. No discounts and DO NOT get the CM one. It doesn't fit properly, comes with the wrong screws and ruins the spray pattern of the WMI injector - NOT AN OPTION (I learnt the hard way!). Either get the TB spacer from AKS or buy an aftermarket throttle pipe that has a boss welded on for the WMI.

TFSI... Revo Stage 2+... . WMI.... VCDS HEX + CAN, MPPS, VAG Commander & VAG tacho - South Wales

Offline Paradox1

• Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 82
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2016, 11:59:36 am »
£85 for a f****** spacer  :scared: that's kinda steep. does alex do forum discounts lol

For what it is, it is expensive....... but its the cheapest kit for sale and we know it actually works.
In my case I have the uprated throttle body pipework. I brought a NPT bung anf got it welded below the map sensor for a fraction of the cost. works fine and doesnt cost a bomb. obviously you have to get it drilled and welded/tapped but if you want a plug and play solution then AKS tuning is the way forward

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2016, 01:14:01 pm »
Right No to creations.

Where can I locate an after market throttle pipe with a boss welded into it from?. or do I have to get this welded myself?.

Thanks

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2016, 01:14:58 pm »

For what it is, it is expensive....... but its the cheapest kit for sale and we know it actually works.
In my case I have the uprated throttle body pipework. I brought a NPT bung anf got it welded below the map sensor for a fraction of the cost. works fine and doesnt cost a bomb. obviously you have to get it drilled and welded/tapped but if you want a plug and play solution then AKS tuning is the way forward
Seems like the £££ keeps going up and up each mod and then have to mod that mod ff*  :doh:

Offline Paradox1

• Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 82
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2016, 01:30:10 pm »
Right No to creations.

Where can I locate an after market throttle pipe with a boss welded into it from?. or do I have to get this welded myself?.

Thanks

I have the throttle body pipe for k04 and a boss you can have if your interested. PM me